Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
United Way of Greater Kansas City serves as a non-profit, focused on bettering the communities of Kansas City through transformative change by providing or allocating social services focused on health, education and financial stability.
We’re more than fundraisers. We’re the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join us.
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, we seek a Staff Accountant responsible for accounts receivable cash application and routine monthly accounting activities.
- Records and posts payments received in both the donor database and accounting system.
- Responsible for donor billing and tax statement generation.
- Process credit card payments.
- Record adjustments to payment transactions, as necessary.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries as requested.
- Prepare and post standard monthly journal entries.
- Prepare and analyze general ledger account reconciliations.
- Reconcile bank accounts and verify the bank balance with the general ledger.
- Prepare and maintain fixed asset schedule.
- Additional projects as assigned the by the Vice President, Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred.
- Minimum of two-years work experience in accounting or finance.
- Requires orientation to detail, flexibility, proactive approach, and ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer skills and experience, particularly Excel.
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principals including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time