Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Executive Director
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three years of experience in operations or general office management environment in similar role required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance and prioritize multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and demonstrate excellent customer service to team members, board members, vendors, donors and all those connected to Phoenix Family.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work independently.
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills.
- Competency in a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases and spreadsheets and ability to quickly learn new technology programs.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
- Support the administrative team to ensure the success of our mission goals and initiatives.
- Maintain and manage solicited and general phone calls on behalf of the organization.
- Utilize best practices for records management and compliance of personnel files, vendor accounts, billings, contracts for services and general office file management.
- Schedule and process background checks, drug screenings, and result approvals of new hires.
- Prepare and update new hire materials including job postings, on-boarding set up and communication with employees and systems.
- Office equipment and supplies management, including phone systems, company cell phones, copier/fax, mail and postage machine, ordering office related supplies, and coordination of all such vendor contracts.
- Act as a liaison between Board of Directors and Executive Director – plan and coordinate logistics for board meetings, recording minutes, distribution of meeting materials, and communications with board.
- Work with administrative team to update agency manuals, such as new employee manuals and board manuals as needed.
- Prepare log for cash and in-kind donations, make bank deposits, complete bank reconciliations, and prepare necessary check requests and submissions for reimbursements.
- Maintain and manage employee reporting data, such as newsletters and calendars, safety checklists, and credit card statements.
- Process, manage, and implement credit card usage for all staff by processing limit changes, cancellations, fraudulent cases, recording data, tracking agreements, and additional requests as needed.
- Complete annual state filing documents and submit to state agencies.
- Provide support related to emergency assistance requests and direct records and correspondence related to such requests to administrative team.
- Manage calendars and schedule meetings for administrative team.
- Organize and coordinate training and travel reservations and confirmations for administrative team.
- Assist Director of Programs & Facilities with tasks associated with facility management and vehicle insurance and license renewal.
- Perform general clerical duties including mailings and notarizing documents.
- Be a positive representative and advocate on behalf of the agency, directly working to promote the mission and values of the organization.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
Job Type: Full Time