Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Overview of Position: The Administrative Assistant’s role is to support the Executive Director in the business and administrative needs of the Arts Council of Johnson County and its constituents. S/he will be a highly engaged, collaborative team member to fulfill the vision and mission of the Arts Council of Johnson County. The ideal candidate for this position loves the Arts and is customer-focused, detail-oriented, and highly organized with expertise in systems management, event coordination, and project management.
- General office management and administrative duties:
- Maintain databases
- Update and maintain accurate contact records
- Generate reports
- Assist Executive Director in preparation and follow-up for meetings including gathering research, preparing board packets, running reports, communicating with Board/committee/task force members, typing minutes
- Plan and prioritize work activities and use time efficiently
- Coordinate office upkeep and maintenance, including but not limited to purchasing office supplies, managing inventory, and occasional computer troubleshooting
- Maintain databases
- Customer Service for the Arts Council:
- Responsible for general correspondence for entire organization (email, phone, written correspondence, social media, in person, etc.)
- Friendly and welcoming – provide excellent customer service
- Assist with Executive Director’s schedule – setting appointments, etc.
- Assist members, donors, and/or board members with questions
- Respond to emails, voicemails, and requests in a timely manner
- Prepare email newsletters, social media, and blog posts
- Manage and execute content calendar
- Maintain a professional appearance
- Program and Project Management:
- Shooting Stars Scholarship Program: Assist Executive Director with coordinating / scheduling program tasks, develop master program schedule, reserve spaces for workshops and Gala, contact scholarship finalists and teachers, coordinate volunteers, communicate with program vendors and partners, maintain and update S.S. donor database, and generate post program reports, and other administrative duties as needed for program
- Roundtables / Symposium: Assist Executive Director with coordinating / scheduling program tasks, research possible participants, coordinate volunteers, communicate with program vendors and partners, assist with Foundation initial requests and follow up, research material for program handouts, generating post program reports, and other administrative duties as needed for program
- Assist with recruiting, coordinating and overseeing volunteers for various projects and initiatives
- Other duties relevant to the role as assigned by Executive Director
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Detail-oriented with strong accuracy level and thoroughness
- Highly organized, loves systems and checklists, and is impeccable with tracking
- Ability to multi-task and learn quickly
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with simultaneous deadlines
- Accountability in areas of responsibility
- Ability to self-motivate, take initiative, and work autonomously with minimum supervision
- Can-do attitude, solution-oriented, and positive
- Excellent working knowledge and experience with current computer equipment and programs including, but not limited to:
- Microsoft Office Suite products (including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint, Windows)
- Familiar with Google suite (Gmail, calendar, Google docs, etc.)
- Familiarity with fundraising/membership software, Salesforce a plus
- Tech savvy and aware of social media and ability to learn and utilize web-based software quickly
- Minimum of three to five years office administration experience required, preferably in Executive level administrative support
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of project management
- Graphic design skills preferred, but not required
- Status: Regular part time, non-exempt. Position has room for growth, could potentially become full-time after approximately 1 year.
- Schedule: 30 hours per week. Mon-Fri, daily hours flexible between 8am-5pm, some evenings and weekends.
- Compensation: $16 per hour
- Location: Johnson County Arts & Heritage Center, 8788 Metcalf, Ste 2500, Overland Park, KS 66212
- Other: Free admission to arts events
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references describing your qualifications and interest in the position to email@example.com. The email subject line should read PT Administrative Assistant Search.
Deadline for Application: Application will remain open until position is filled.
The Arts Council of Johnson County is a non-profit organization and does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, gender, orientation, or national origin.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999