Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administrative Assistant, Family Support Center- Lawerence
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by assisting the Family Support Site Manager in daily site administrative activities and volunteer management. EEO.
- Train front desk volunteers & food pantry volunteers on site procedures for answering phone calls and relevant site policies and procedures.
- Before each shift, update each front desk & pantry volunteer on any daily change in policy or service.
- Manage volunteer front desk and pantry schedule. Keep a substitute list and call when vacancies occur.
- Greet clients, volunteers and guests at front desk in a positive and professional manner.
- Coordinate and schedule client appointments based on case manager’s availability.
- Capture accurate and detailed information about clients and fill out client intake forms.
- Perform daily reconciliation for front desk intake information to insure it is completed and accurate. Assist in the submission of regularly scheduled reports.
- Monitor and update job board and update site resource list quarterly.
- Coordinate with site manager to produce and send in weekly food pantry order to the Hope Distribution Center (HDC).
- Maintain filling system for front desk/pantry.
- Maintain office equipment, supplies and storage.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINUMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- High School graduate or equivalent. Two-year Associates Degree in the office management field, preferred
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Must have or willing to be trained in basic Crisis Intervention techniques to diffuse potentially volatile situations.
- Ability to work with diverse baclgraounds.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Computer skills required; Outlook E-mail, Microsoft Office, data entry and phone skills
- Spanish speaking skills preferred.
- Most of the job duties require the employee to sit for longer periods of time. Occasionally, the employee will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Most of the job duties require use of a computer, which require repetitive keyboard and mouse motions, as well as prolonged viewing of a computer screen.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds or find assistance to do so.
Job Type: Full Time