Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administrative Assistant, KC Rising
Function as the KC Rising program coordinator, provide administrative, scheduling, clerical and offer other support to the Vice President.
The successful candidate will have a customer service orientation, be exceptionally organized and detail oriented, strong communication skills and enjoy working for a mission-driven organization that seeks to positively impact the community.
About KC Rising
KC Rising is a regional economic development initiative to grow our economy, include all members of our community, and encourage innovation to help prepare for our future. We were formed in 2015 to help KC grow faster and more intentionally. KC Rising is business-led, metrics- based and long-term focused. We support and amplify complementary initiatives and serve with community-wide impact. Please learn more at www.kcrising.com .
The position is based at the Civic Council of Greater Kansas City, a nonprofit organization dedicated to bolstering the quality of life and economic development in the Kansas City region.
Duties and Responsibilities
Meeting Scheduling (60% of time):
- Coordinate availability of attendees for assigned KC Rising committees.
- Create and maintain calendar invites via outlook including meeting location (zoom, etc..)
- Maintain VP of Civic Council calendar and schedule assigned meetings
- Track and report on attendance responses Meeting Support (10%):
- Support catering or other logistics for committee meetings as needed
- Schedule meeting venue, print materials, create information packets, name tents and other items in preparation for committee meetings
- Maintain an attendance log Contact Maintenance (5%):
- Maintain and update committee rosters as needed for KC Rising
- Update database (e.g. Constant Contact) accordingly and website
Financials (5% of time):
- Credit Card reconciliation for Vice President of Civic Council
- Maintain organized records of KC Rising contracts, anticipated expenses, and invoices paid
Miscellaneous Responsibilities (20%):
- Support the VP of Civic Council on special projects for the Council
- Act as back-up for the Civic Council admin team during busy times or PTO
- Other duties as assigned Qualifications
Education and Experience
Associates Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree preferred and at least 3 years of related experience and/or training.
To apply, please send resume to Meryl Dillman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications received before January 26, 2021 will receive priority consideration.
Job Type: Full Time