Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administrative Assistant of Family Support Center- Topeka
Position Summary:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by assisting the Family Support Site Manager in daily site administrative activities and volunteer management. EEO.
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing support for site front desk volunteers. Perform daily reconciliation on front desk intake information to verify all information is entered accurately into database.
- Recruit, train, and provide ongoing support for site pantry volunteers.
- Create and maintain a volunteer front desk and pantry schedule which includes a substitute list to utilize when vacancies occur.
- Coordinate and schedule client appointments based on site case manager’s availability.
- Assist site manager in the submission of monthly scheduled reports.
- Monitor and update job board. Update quarterly site resource list and community contact list.
- Keep accurate pantry inventory and submit weekly food pantry order to the Hope Distribution Center (HDC).
- Maintain office equipment and adequate office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINUMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required
- High School graduate or equivalent. Two-year Associates Degree in the office management field, preferred
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Must have or willing to be trained in basic Crisis Intervention techniques to diffuse potentially volatile situations.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and respect people from a variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds.
- Computer skills required; Outlook E-mail, Microsoft Office, data entry and phone skills.
- Spanish speaking skills preferred.
- Most of the job duties require the employee to sit for longer periods of time. Occasionally, the employee will be required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Most of the job duties require use of a computer, which require repetitive keyboard and mouse motions, as well as prolonged viewing of a computer screen.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds or find assistance to do so.