Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The Research Foundation
The Research Foundation story began in 1965 when Research Hospital Foundation was formed to raise funds to help Research Hospital provide health care services to the community. For nearly 40 years, the foundation provided support to Research Medical Center to bring the latest in medical advancements and treatments and to provide a broad base of services to serve the health care needs of patients in the greater Kansas City community.
With the purchase of Research Medical Center by the for-profit health care company HCA in 2003, The Research Foundation concluded its affiliation with Research Medical Center. While no longer affiliated with Research Medical Center, The Research Foundation remains committed to serving the community and carrying on the spirit of the original foundation through our many health education and scholarship programs.
Position Summary-Administrative Coordinator
The Administrative Coordinator is responsible for various administrative functions for The Research Foundation including day-to-day office operations and meeting coordination. Performs independent functions requiring the application of technical expertise or specialized program knowledge.
- Coordinates front desk administration, answers phones, and greets visitors
- Schedules and coordinates meetings for the board of directors, committees, and President & CEO
- Maintains common areas of the office
- Manages printed materials and office supplies
- Maintains donor database as needed
- Processes contributions and accounts payable
- Other duties as assigned based on the needs of the organization
- Associate degree preferred
- 3 years office experience, preferably in nonprofits
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite required, especially Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and comfort level working with various constituents including board members, committee volunteers, donors, and other Foundation staff
- Serves as a professional representative of the organization
- Self-motivated, able to work independently in a collaborative environment
- Takes initiative and possesses problem-solving skills while working to find efficient solutions
- Ability to adapt to change and be receptive to feedback
- Work as a member of the Foundation team to achieve organizational goals
• The administrative coordinator works out of The Research Foundation Office. The office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and located on the first floor of Research Medical Center
• This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is fully accessible
• This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners, and filing cabinets)
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally objects up to 40 pounds
• Occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region
• Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
Benefits include health and dental insurance, 401(k) with match, life insurance, PTO, and paid holidays.
Please send resume and minimum salary requirements to email@example.com
Job Type: Full Time