Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Administrative Support Specialist
POSITION SUMMARY:Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by providing administrative support to employees and those we serve. As well as to provide leadership for volunteers. EEO.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Provide a courteous and friendly presence to external parties who call or visit the Minnesota office. All duties of the position must be performed in a professional and confidential manner.
- Routes incoming phone calls, mail and courier deliveries to internal staff in an accurate, prompt and professional manner.
- Make appointments for clients and those seeking services and/or refer clients to other helping agencies in the community when services cannot be met by Catholic Charities.
- Provide back-up support to Family Support Center Administrative Assistant during vacations, sick leave, meetings, etc.
- Participate in safety and general building meetings.
- Train front desk volunteers and keep them up to date on building events and changes.
- Maintains/updates procedural documents for the front-desk reception duties including the buildings staff directory.
- Assure office machines are operational, and assist staff members in using. Report postage usage to Accounting Department monthly. Add funds to the postage machine when needed. Report meter readings for printers.
- Order general office supplies as requested or needed. Code invoices, get signatures, and send to Accounting Department.
- Assist staff in scheduling meetings & conference rooms.
- Upkeep of breakroom: Keep break room supplies purchased and stocked, assure dishwasher is run each night and emptied each morning, Clean out break room refrigerator monthly and microwaves on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission of Catholic Charities.
- Must be willing to perform by the agency’s values: love, patience, kindness, faithfulness, self- control and joy.
- Catholic Charities promotes a diverse workforce. Employees are not required to be Catholic, however, employees of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas must understand that they are a visible representative of the Archdiocesan Church and as such will not publicly oppose the teachings of the Catholic Faith nor publicly advocate for any position in conflict with Catholic teaching, or the specific positions of the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas or the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops. This requirement includes any public speech, demonstration, or writing including the use of social media or other digital technologies.
- Must complete VIRTUS training, background screening, drug testing, and any ongoing training as required.
- Minimum of two years’ college work in Human Services, preferred. Minimum 2 years administrative assistant experience required, Bilingual is a plus.
- Must display cultural competency and communicate effectively with persons with Limited English Proficiency.
- Must be non-judgmental of persons of various social, economic, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Must be a team player and carry out written and verbal instructions of supervisors and associates.
- Ability to work independently and make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Must have or be willing to be trained in basic Crisis Intervention techniques to diffuse potentially volatile situations.
- Basic computer skills are required to access data from a data system. Previous experience with Microsoft Office – especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Attention to detail, sufficient to successfully perform the position’s Essential Functions.
- Ability to maintain client confidentiality.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer, standing, bending and moving.
- Most of the job duties require use of a computer, which require repetitive keyboard and mouse motions, as well as prolonged viewing of a computer screen.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds or find assistance to do so.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases.
- Must have physical ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Must have the physical ability and appropriate licensure and insurance for driving.
Job Type: Full Time