Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
AmeriCorps, Refugee Employment Support Specialist
Successfully promote and support the mission of Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas as guided by the Catholic Social Teachings by expanding our capacity to promote early self-sufficiency of employable refugees. Responsible for client services related to employability.
Make a difference in your community, building skills and experience while serving as an AmeriCorps member. By accepting this service position, you will be required to become a member of the AmeriCorps Program. The AmeriCorps Program offers its Service Members a bi-weekly living allowance, individual health insurance, and student loan forbearance. After successfully completing the service term, members earn the Segal Education Award of $5,815 and members who are 55 and older also have the option to transfer the Award. For more information about the AmeriCorps program and its benefits, please visit their website at www.nationalservice.gov.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and supervise volunteers supporting the Employment Team.
- Develop Employment Mentorship Program for higher skilled refugee clients.
- Help prepare job placement reports and relevant documentation to submit to the Kansas Office for Refugees.
- Assist in expanding employer network.
- Assist Employment Specialists with Refugee Social Service enrollment forms and job placement reporting
- Assist Employment Specialists with job search coaching and employment counseling.
- Work one on one with clients seeking specialized education and training.
- Ensure that clients are prepared to begin employment. Assist clients with activities necessary to start employment, including transporting clients to physical exams and drug screenings.
- Report all activities in a timely manner per grant guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Facilitate financial literacy training and job day activities as needed.
- Maintain accurate and complete personal data of participants in case files with essential information on all services rendered in a timely fashion.
MINIMUM POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing to live by the agency's Values, where we are called to show Love, Patience, Kindness, Faithfulness, Self- Control and Joy
- Must be able to work cooperatively and effectively with refugees and staff from different cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds
- One year experience working with limited English proficiency clients is preferred
- Communicate effectively in English in both written and verbal form
- Must have competent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent time management techniques to organize and prioritize work
- Work independently and meet timelines
- Ability to coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously.
- Must be punctual, professional and able to follow instructions and handle emergency situations.
- Strong computer skills and knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
- Valid Driver's license. Must provide copy of Driver's License and proof of insurance for local travel.
- Final applicant is required to complete a background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 10 lbs. May need to lift or move heavier items based on resettlement needs of clients Will be expected to drive regularly to accomplish duties.
Stipend Living Expense: $13,732.00 annual payment, paid bi-weekly during the 12 month commitment period (Federal and State taxes will be withheld)
Apply at: http://catholiccharitiesks.org