Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Charlotte Street Office Coordinator
THE JOB OPPORTUNITY:The primary function of the Office Coordinator is to organize day-to-day administrative efforts in support of the Charlotte Street staff and board of directors. The Office Coordinator is responsible for ensuring efficient operations and coordinating efforts so that Charlotte Street’s infrastructure is running smoothly, efficiently, and safely.
THE DESIRED CANDIDATE:We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, detail-oriented, and clear communicator with great interpersonal skills and some administrative experience. The ideal candidate is energized about working with people and passionate about the arts—specifically Kansas City’s contemporary artists.
- Detail oriented, with the ability to organize, manage multiple tasks, and meet deadlines
- Skill interacting in a respectful and collaborative manner with people from a wide range of backgrounds, identities, ages, and experience
- Administrative experience is a plus
- Experience working directly with artists is a plus
- There are no educational requirements for this position
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Manages incoming phone calls and emails to the info desk; Serves as first point of contact during public office, gallery and library hours (Tues-Fri, 12-5pm; Sat, 11-5pm). Opens and closes gallery and library for public hours
- Interfaces with the public on behalf of CST, excited about with engaging with artists and audiences from a wide variety of backgrounds, communities, ages, and abilities, and making their experience with Charlotte Street meaningful
- CST liaison for operations-related contractors such as housekeeping, subscription services, utilities, security, and coordinating with IT contractors to maintain equipment, software, and technology planning
- Collaborates with CST Staff to prep for internal meetings and public programs, including acquiring permits, securing parking, preparing materials or purchasing refreshments, setup/teardown, etc.
- Works with hiring managers to facilitate onboarding/offboarding of new employees
- Manages staff benefits in coordination with insurance brokers at Gallagher Metzler and 401k account with Principal (including tax filing) including liability, property, assets, workers comp (including annual audit), and Officers and Directors liability insurance
- Manages CST support documentation files & archives, including Annual filing for MO Secretary of State and City of Kansas City Property Declaration filing, SAM registration, and permitting
- Manages BERT/emergency planning and preparation needs
- Works in coordination with e2E to pay invoices, process and print checks
- Manages Outlook calendar of events; Collects attendance, participant, and demographic data for programs and events
- Orders and organizes office supplies, tech, and other equipment
- Maintains CST databases and archives, files and organizes support documentation
- Manages collection of check requests & acquiring of appropriate signatures
- Processes all gifts, including bank deposits
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail, including collating and managing mass mailings (donor acknowledgments, etc.)
- Manages fundraising & programmatic database(s) and maintains updated contact information
- Develop & maintain vendor lists
- Manages & reports on General Operating Dashboard
- Works with leadership to keep Staff, Board, and Facility handbooks up to date
- Coordinates travel arrangements for staff on business trips and locally for incoming guests
- Creates agenda, calendar update/recap, takes notes, and facilitates weekly staff meetings
- Takes minutes at all board, finance, and executive committee meetings
- Maintains timesheets for staff
ON EQUITY:Charlotte Street values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive art community, which we interpret as all artists having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize their artistic endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work and in representation on our board, staff, and constituent groups.
TECHNOLOGY ENVIRONMENTCharlotte Street utilizes Apple computers and Microsoft Office 365.
CLASSIFICATION & PAY:Full Time, Exempt
40 hours per week, Tuesday-Saturday work days to cover open office hours
Eligible for paid vacation, sick leave, and holiday time
Pay starting at $35,000/year
WORKING CONDITIONS:Open space office environment. This position requires some evening and weekend work; hours are flexible in orderto accommodate these situations. Charlotte Street operates out of a new 20,000 sq ft facility at 3333 Wyoming in the Volker neighborhood of Kansas City, MO.
HOW TO APPLY:Please send the following in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferably as one packaged PDF attachment withan email cover letter). The email subject line should read: Office Coordinator.
- Short statement of interest (can be in the body of the email, no separate cover letter required)
- CV/resume (should include contact information for 3 references who can speak to working directly with youprofessionally in different capacities, peers/managers/collaborators, etc.).
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION:Charlotte Street is seeking to fill this position in October 2023. Submission of applications by September 22nd is encouraged, though the application will remain open until an appropriate candidate is hired. All candidates will be contacted and notified of status by email. Candidates who are most competitive will be invited to a phone interview (1) and subsequent in person interviews (2 maximum), and will be notified of their status as it is decided. Please donot call with questions about application status.
Charlotte Street centers Kansas City’s most forward-thinking visual artists, writers, and performers—acting as theprimary incubator, provocateur, and connector for the region’s contemporary arts community, and its leadingadvocate on the national stage. Since 1997, Charlotte Street has distributed over $2 million in awards and grants to artists and their innovative projects, and has hosted countless exhibitions, performances, convenings andconversations connecting and challenging Kansas City’s contemporary art ecosystem. For more information about Charlotte Street, its awards, programs, and initiatives, visit www.charlottestreet.org.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999