Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Contract Data Entry Specialist
DATA ENTRY SPECIALIST
The Mid-America Regional Council seeks an individual to assist in managing and cleaning up contact records in GrowthZone, our association management software, on a contract basis.
This project will involve editing individual and organizational records for accuracy and currency. It may require web-based research as well as phone calls to appropriate contacts to confirm information.
This will be a fully remote contract position, but the individual must live in the Kansas City region. MARC will provide a laptop with a web browser and credentials to necessary software to complete the work.
Potential projects include:
- Assign elected officials and city staff records to their appropriate organization based on information in MARC’s Public Officials Directory.
- Create parent/child relationships between jurisdictions and their departments.
- Run reports to pull invalid email addresses and rectify contact records according to defined policies and procedures.
- High-speed internet connection.
- Familiarity with cloud-based contact management systems or other databases.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to make informed, independent decisions but also recognize when to seek guidance from project manager.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Inclination to suggest and explore innovative solutions to challenges.
- Commitment to complete repetitive tasks.
Initial training will be provided in person and virtually. Training and project documentation will be available for ongoing reference. Occasional project check-ins with the project manager will be scheduled as needed, either in person or virtually.
This work will begin as soon as possible. The pay rate is $20 per hour. The expectation is 20-25 hours a week for approximately 12 weeks with hours decreasing after the initial clean up.
This is a 1099 contract position. Travel reimbursement and other office supplies (not listed above) are not provided by MARC. However, respondents are encouraged to explore potential deductions from federal tax liability with a tax professional.
Please provide your response in electronic format using the application link below. The following items should be addressed in your response:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Resume: provide a current resume with education, certifications and work experience.
- Cover letter: provide additional information on background, including experience, education and skills necessary to perform the required work. Indicate specific credentials that make the individual well suited to meet MARC’s requirements.
- References: provide at least two professional references.
Job Type: Part Time,Temporary
Salary Range: Up to $29,999