Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
APPLY HERE: https://www.nelson-atkins.org/careers-internships/?gnk=job&gni=8a7883a87dc110f4017e36186b696b96&gns=NP+Connect
- Administrative Support: Provides support that ensures the effective use of time and productive interactions with internal and external constituents and staff by managing phone calls, e-mails, calendar, meetings, travel, and reporting. Additional project management support for special projects and events as assigned.
- Schedule & Calendar Management: Responsible for managing the VP’s calendar of events including donor meetings, staff meetings, event attendance, committee meetings ensuring the VP is well-informed and prepared in advance.
- Liaison between Development Office and Executive Office: Meet weekly with executive assistant to the Director and share calendars and coordinate fundraising meetings and events.
- Communications: Facilitates communication among staff, volunteers, internal/external contacts and donors. Reviews and responds to both internal and external correspondence on Vice President, Development’s behalf. Provides first drafts of communications, presentations, and other content for the Vice President, Development.
- Business Travel: Plans and makes travel arrangements (flight, hotel, car) as required including designing the VP’s travel and daily itinerary. Prepares related expense reports and reconciles travel bills.
- Research & Reporting: Conducts research, prepares statistical reports as required by Vice President, Development.
Committee Support: Manages the Development committee activities and by supporting committee meetings, including scheduling of meetings, arranging catering, communications, and preparing meeting materials. Keeps all meeting minutes and committee member terms.
- Constituent Liaison: Liaisons with internal and external constituents and other key stakeholders and respective offices for meeting and event purposes. Assists in preparation of presentations for all meetings.
- Other: Completes all other duties as assigned or requested for the general support of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five or more years of experience supporting an senior-level leader for a medium-sized organization with not-for-profit preferred
- Intermediate to advanced level of aptitude in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM systems
- The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important
- The ability to handle confidential information and communication and use discretion and judgment to facilitate the VP’s activates
- Strong listening and Communication Skills with the ability to follow instruction to understand those instructions with little or no follow up
- People/Interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively be the first line of communication for the VP and the outside world, potentially speaking with donors, other employees and upper management presenting a professional and knowledgeable presence
- Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, Access and Sustainability (IDEAS): We embrace IDEAS in every aspect of our ideals and aspirations, as we believe these values to be paramount to success. Each staff member and volunteer embodies the institution’s commitments and agrees to exhibit behaviors that align with them. We hold one another to these expectations so that, together, we may know, own, energize and sustain our culture and the institution for generations to come.
- Communication Skills: Ability to interact professionally with all levels of internal staff and with external stakeholders. Strong interpersonal communication skills; diplomatic and collaborative work style. Excellent public speaking skills and ability to work with multiple audiences.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: Highly effective as a team member and collaborator. Excellent relationship management skills with proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate others, set direction and approach, and resolve conflict.
- Integrity: Demonstrating honesty and a consistent and uncompromising adherence to strong moral and ethical principles and values.
- Service Focus: Highly responsive and resourceful; strong propensity to provide excellent service and support internally and externally with a professional and approachable manner.
- Technical Acumen: Well versed in technology and/or the ability to identify the technologies that have impact on the growth and sustainability of the museum and to attain the knowledge required to leverage the power of those technologies in the daily job.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999