Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Academic Year Position
9- Month Full-Time
The Kansas City Art Institute (KCAI), a national leader in visual arts and design education, is seeking applications for a full-time 9-month Department Assistant position. KCAI offers an exceptional benefits and holiday package for full-time staff including 100% employer paid insurance and a 5% retirement match for eligible participants.
Our Mission: Preparing gifted students to transform the world creatively through art and design.
Our Vision: To be an innovative leader in art and design education.
Narrative General Description
Reports to Academic Affairs Administrative Assistant and to assigned academic department head(s). Provide strong clerical, secretarial and general office support. As an academic year appointment, position routinely starts work 5 days before fall classes begin through 5 days after fall classes end, and 5 days before spring classes begin through 5 days after spring classes end. If reappointed for the following academic year employee insurance benefits are continued through the summer.
Essential Functional Responsibilities
• Provide full spectrum of clerical and office support to the Academic Affairs office and assigned academic departments. There are four academic secretaries who are assigned to several different departments: Foundation, Photography/Filmmaking, Animation, Ceramics, Graphic Design, Illustration, Fiber, Liberal Arts, VAWG, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Model Coordinator
• Receive and greet visitors
• Assist faculty and students
• Track and monitor departmental budget(s)
Requirements for the position:
• Must have strong organization, office, clerical and computer skills
• Must be fully competent in using the standard Microsoft Office Suite of software programs
• Must be multi-task oriented
• Must deliver excellent customer service with the ability to resolve conflicts in a constructive manner
• Ability to lift 30 lbs. and carry up to 20 lbs.; frequent stair climbing
• Track and monitor department budget (s)
• Maintain confidentiality
• Produce correspondence, memos, and statistical reports, distribute as appropriate and maintain file copies
• Work with department chair(s) on special projects and/or reports as assigned
• General office experience, preferably in an academic environment
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Computer user experience in standard word processing and spreadsheet programs
Required/Preferred Educational Background:
Secondary education required with 60 college hours preferred
About KCAI: Kansas City Art Institute is a four-year, independent, and accredited college of art and design founded in 1885 and located in the cultural heart of metropolitan Kansas City, Mo. The college enrolls more than 600 undergraduate students drawn regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Application deadlines and procedures: Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until a suitable candidate is selected. Applications received during the finalist stage of the search are not guaranteed consideration. Employment is contingent upon satisfactory results from a background check.
Apply by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Attach to the e-mail in PDF format only:
• Letter of application
• List of three professional references we may contact
• A separate philosophical statement on how to successfully manage priorities from multiple sources (applications without this statement will not be considered)
Complete applications will be acknowledged by return e-mail within one week of submission.
Kansas City Art Institute is fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, gender identity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state or local law.
KCAI provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in the job application process. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact the Human Resources Department about your interest in employment. Any questions or concerns can be directed to Kansas City Art Institute’s Human Resource Administrator at email@example.com .
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999