Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Executive Program Assistant
Join #TeamHillcrest Today! We are hiring for an Executive Program Assistant.
Position SummaryThe Hillcrest Transitional Housing team is committed to moving individuals, youth and families from homelessness to self-sufficiency. Our employees are committed to service and embodying the organization's mission and values in all activities. All resources are leveraged in a manner that is strategic and cost effective to achieve our mission and goals. The Executive Program Assistant must be a community advocate for our organization, our residents, and those in need of our services.
The Executive Program Assistant has a heart for ministry along with experience in supporting the needs of a diverse executive and office staff. This position splits time between our Liberty, Missouri and Kansas City, Kansas campuses, along with frequent travel to other Hillcrest locations across the KC Metro.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Providing direct administrative support to the VP of Programs.
- Collect, retrieve, and summarize required monthly reporting across all Hillcrest programs (Includes campus reports and HMIS reporting).
- Compare grant balances in HMIS system to internal reporting.
- Maintaining current grant reporting and excellent records and coordinate with VP of Programs and Director of Finance for final grant invoicing.
- Review, maintenance of records, and recommendation of funding requests from Case Managers (Includes initial review of Invoice for Payment requests).
- Creating and maintaining budget reports and records for Hillcrest programs.
- Date entry and reporting for Hillcrest systems (adding client data & services received in HMIS, updating waiting lists and call logs, DonorPerfect, and Constant Contact).
- Assisting with coordination of Program staff events and trainings.
- Assist with the annual Gala.
- Assist with annual back-to-school drives and Christmas adoption.
- Coordinate apartment sponsor meetings.
- Maintain up-to-date stock of forms and supplies for Case Managers.
- Provide direct administrative support for Case Managers, as needed.
- Work directly with volunteers and supports of Hillcrest, as needed.
- Provide direct support at Hillcrest campuses across the KC metro, as needed (Including, but not limited to; client interactions, answering phones, data entry, assisting with volunteer projects, maintenance contractor needs, preparing apartments for move-in, office cleaning, organization of onsite pantries and storage, and assisting Case Managers).
- Working with directly with clients of Hillcrest, as needed.
- Representing Hillcrest with clients, donors, and community partners.
- Serve in other duties, roles, responsibilities as needed by the organization to fulfill its mission.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A high school diploma is required.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment back ground check and drug screen is required.
- A valid driver’s license and ability to travel within the Kansas City Metro area is required.
- A bachelor’s degree with coursework in social work, sociology, or psychology is preferred.
- Knowledge of working with vulnerable populations.
- Ability to complete work in a timely, accurate, confidential and thorough manner.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside the Hillcrest.
- Ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and works to maintain constructive working relationships.
- Strong attention to detail and experience balancing ongoing projects with one-time requests.
- Comfortable in networking and public speaking.
- Familiarity with Windows, Office, Google Drive, Gmail, and HMIS or equivalent industry software.
- Ability to travel to Hillcrest sites throughout the Kansas City metro area.
Physical Demands and Work EnvironmentThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Application deadline is Friday, December 4, 2020.
To apply: send resume, cover letter, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Hillcrest Ministries of MidAmerica, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999