Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation is looking for a professional, detail-oriented team player and empathetic communicator. The person in this position reports to and works closely with the Foundation Director and fosters positive relationships with community partners and volunteer attorneys. In addition, this position is responsible for a wide variety of administrative, clerical and program support activities and event logistics, plus other duties as assigned. While not required, experience in the legal field is desired.
- maintain program delivery timelines as assigned;
- organize event logistics;
- assist with coordinating volunteers;
- maintain database of volunteers;
- update content on website;
- collect and manage data and statistics;
- provide administrative assistance as needed;
- assist with coordinating and scheduling program tasks and events;
- generate post-event reports;
- and other duties as assigned.
The working conditions include desk/computer work with occasional local travel for events and meetings to foster relationships with community partners and volunteers. An ability to adapt to changing priorities and additional projects with short term deadlines is required. The ability to work occasional nights and weekends is also required.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated mix of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; significant work experience can substitute for the degree.
- Proficiency in all IT platforms including, but not limited to, the latest versions of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent professional communication skills, including writing, proof-reading, and speaking.
- Detail-oriented with high accuracy level.
- Highly organized, utilizing processes with accurate tracking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments.
- Ability to work collaboratively to achieve identified outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism.
- High comfort level making outbound phone calls.
- Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision.
- Exceptional customer-service ethic and high expectations for quality.
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Foundation (KCMBF) is a 501(c)(3) and a sister organization to Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA), which serves approximately 5,000 members of the legal profession in both Kansas and Missouri. KCMBF is an engaging organization that allows attorneys to give back to the community through three innovative Legal Connection programs: Domestic Violence Alliance, which provides free education concerning trending issues facing domestic violence victims; Military Matters, which connects military service members and veterans with volunteer attorneys; and Student Law Academy, which provides underprivileged urban high school students exposure to a career in the legal profession.
The annual salary for this position starts at $30,000. Hiring is subject to a successful background and credit check.
Job Type: Full Time