Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Full Time Executive Assistant
American Public Square is seeking an energetic and detail-oriented professional to perform key functions as a full time Executive Assistant. This position works closely with and reports to APS’ executive director, and will support all team members with daily operational activities. The perfect candidate is flexible and adaptive to the needs of a small, growth-minded team, and enthusiastic about APS’ mission of improving the tone and quality of public discourse and creating paths to common ground in our community.
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Claire Bishop. Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
- Document processes and create and implement SOPs for a small organization
- Manage and order office supplies, including marketing collateral
- Work with external vendors to complete specific projects on time and on budget
- Schedule meetings, record & distribute agendas, take notes, and arrange for meeting supplies and/or catering when required
- Keep all required insurance policies up to date
- Support grant applications and reporting
- Proof marketing & communications materials, including web copy, emails and grant applications
- Provide administrative support to APS Chairman & CEO
- Other related duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Code expenses in QuickBooks based on annual budget
- Review organization’s financial and banking statements for accuracy
- Work with accountant to ensure financials are prepared accurately and on time
- Complete payroll related tasks and reporting as needed
- Work with accountant to complete the annual 990 filing
- Manage accounts payable and deposits
- Keep organized records of accounting transactions, including check registers, expense reimbursement and deposits
Donor & Data Management
- Manage multiple databases and systems with donor data
- Assist APS program staff with the administration of APS programs database
- Pull reports as needed by APS staff
- Help streamline data processes for organization
- Create and mail member communications, including confirmations, thank you letters and renewals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of specific programs including QuickBooks, Salesforce, Constant Contact and Microsoft Teams strongly preferred
- Adaptability and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment a must
- Nonprofit experience a plus
- Attention to detail, punctual and reliable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to proactively identify and implement solutions
- Quick learner and someone who possesses strong initiative
- Proven time and project management: communication, efficiency, organization, and team skills
- Professionalism and integrity, and a personal interest in APS’ Mission
APS is currently in remote work mode, and flexibility with regard to office use is required. Our organization will remain on a hybrid WFH/office mode throughout 2021. Candidates for the Executive Assistant role will have suitable space at home to conduct a majority of their daily business. In person meetings with staff, board and donors may be conducted from time to time, in accordance with safety measures recommended by the CDC.
This position is full time. Salary commensurate with experience, as well as a benefits package, is available to candidates who qualify.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999