Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Fundraising Administrative Asisstant
STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,300 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit and the Non-Profit Times Best Non-Profit to Work for in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Fundraising Administrative Assistant is a full-time non exempt position that serves on the Fundraising team and shares responsibilities for achieving the fundraising goals. This position will be responsible for assisting the Fundraising team with donor management, stewardship, and outreach. Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining clear and organized tracking of agency donors and supporters. Additionally, the Fundraising Administrative Assistant will collaborate with colleagues on the Fundraising team on other event and development initiatives. This position is responsible for delivering on promises, executing on plans and providing timely, detailed reporting.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain accurate databases, tracking systems and outreach plans for donor information and generate regular activity reports
- Create and oversee checks and balances systems for all donor thank you letters
- Track board groups annual fundraising goals and commitments and report out monthly
- Assist team in retrieving and managing accurate reports and data for various projects
- Manage annual stewardship plan devised specifically to communicate to different donor sub groups which would include: individual, corporate, foundation and event donors
- Collaborate with development, events and marketing teams to create high quality donor communications and collateral materials
- Identify, manage/collaborate with BBBS staff different touch points to engage and deepen donor relationships (Big of the Year Selection Committee, Thank-a-Thon, Monthly Matchmaker stories)
- Assist in setting up presentations to different groups on behalf of BBBS (lunch and learns, orientations, etc.)
- Assist in engaging with current and potential BBBS donors/supporters
- Other duties as assigned
Our ideal candidate will be a team player, self starter with a good work ethic who strives to jump in wherever needed. The position requires persistence, patience, enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to multitask, implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our BBBSKC team members.
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- One year of relevant administrative work required, two years preferred
- Experience with donor relations and database management preferred
- Demonstrated experience on resume with basic office skills, (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, DonorPerfect- database management, SalesForce, etc.) required, record keeping and strong organization skills is strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in nonprofit fundraising, management, business, or communications with strong interest in fundraising/sales and working for a nonprofit organization is strongly preferred
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivation, initiative and reliability are essentials skills
BBBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is nine years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
30,000 - 34, 000 annually ($14.42/hour - $16.35/hour) plus bonus opportunities
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please apply at: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=20009&clientkey=E7B004B9E752E150CC1EFE776F9A1A85
If you are unable to apply online, you can mail your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Kimberly Rudler, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
BBBSKC is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full Time