Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Guest Services Associate- Ronald McDonald House Charities
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City is seeking a Guest Services Associate to greet RMHC children and their families, serving as a integral .part of the overall experience and stay. The mission of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Kansas City (RMHC-KC) is to reduce the burden of childhood illnesses on children and their families by providing a "home away from home" while the children are receiving medical care in Kansas City-area hospitals.
The Guest Services Associate (GSA) is part of a team that oversees internal House operations 24/7/365 to provide high quality care and service to guest families and is responsible for maintaining a safe, supportive, caring & comfortable environment. The GSA should feel comfortable interacting with families from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds, assuring that services are provided in a manner consistent with current policy and procedures.
Opening is for Part-time less than 30 hours/week. Work schedule is every Saturday and Sunday, 3:00pm-11:00pm. Responsibilities:
- Complete gift-in-kind paperwork and processes for items received to support programs and organize accordingly.
- Be familiar with House operations: fire safety, security, heating and cooling systems.
- Complete minor maintenance duties as needed.
- Enter work orders into the Maintenance Database and/or notify Facilities Maintenance Manager of maintenance related issues.
- Respond to alarms and crisis situations and rectify, in collaboration with other team members, communicating with on call personnel when appropriate.
- Monitor premises using technology (key card access, door props, and cameras) available & communicate with the security company as needed.
- Meet with outgoing/incoming staff at the beginning and end of each shift to relay important information.Utilize individual & group volunteers effectively, providing tasks, guidance & feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience will be considered.
- 2 year degree in human services, hospitality, or related degree.
- 2 + years experience in delivering excellent customer service or working in an office setting. Demonstrate good judgment, good decision-making ability, and dependability.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Capable of working independently.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft suite and enthusiasm for learning new software tools.
- Ability to quickly learn and operate agency database applications.
- Ability to attend staff meetings 6 times per year during day time or evening hours.
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.