Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Are you looking for a place to make a difference in the community? AdHoc Group Against Crime is a nonprofit that supports those in our community impacted by violence. We are looking for an organized and self-motivated Office Administrator who will be an essential part of our team by providing high-level administrative support for our office. The Office Administrator’s role will include working closely with our leadership team by handling clerical duties, overseeing financial processes, and organizational communication.
In order to be successful in this position, you should be detail-oriented, professional and have excellent written and verbal communication skills. An ideal candidate also has experience working successfully with diverse populations.
Office Administrator Responsibilities:
- Welcoming visitors and directing them to the relevant office/personnel. All staff are trained to take basic intake information in case the relevant staff member is unavailable.
- Carrying out clerical duties such as answering phone calls, responding to emails, preparing documents, distributing mail and deliveries, as well as maintaining postage and mailing lists.
- Managing event registration for AdHoc events, including the annual fundraiser.
- Will assist the Board Fundraising Chair with annual fundraiser events.
- Performing bookkeeping tasks such as invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, and budget tracking.
- Maintaining general office files, including job files, vendor files, and other files related to the company’s operations.
- Supporting the President by partnering in basic HR functions such as hiring and salary decisions, as well as organizational development.
- Drafting Board meeting minutes and support documentation for monthly meetings.
- Manage AdHoc’s social media communications, which will require some evening and weekend posts related to crisis intervention services.
- Update and manage AdHoc’s website (Wordpress).
- Purchasing office supplies, equipment, and furniture.
- Overseeing the maintenance of office facilities, and equipment.
- Performing other relevant duties when needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, or a related field.
- 2 or more years’ office administration experience.
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access) and Google Suite. Candidate must also be comfortable and willing to learn new computer database systems and online storage solutions.
- Comfortable handling confidential information.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Candidates shall have a general knowledge of accounting procedures and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Experience planning events.
- Excellent written communication skills to assist with correspondence and serve as a proofreader, inclusive of proper spelling and grammar.
- The successful candidate will be diplomatic in serving the needs of the organization, staff, and clients.
- The successful candidate will be an energetic self-starter, who is highly organized, able to prioritize and multi-task effectively, works with minimal supervision, and possesses a good sense of humor, patience, and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with individuals of diverse racial, ethnic, economic, social and educational backgrounds.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds is required to manage deliveries and maintain supply areas.
10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Monday – Friday, some evening and weekends will be required.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999