Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Part-Time Evening Administrative Assistant
Literacy KC’s mission is to advance literacy among Kansas City area adults through direct service, advocacy, and collaboration. Our vision is "literacy for all." Literacy KC offers adults and their families a welcoming community to develop and enhance literacy skills and quality of life.
We take a community literacy approach to teaching adult students. Through an innovative social learning model, lead instructors are supported by a team of tutors in each dynamic classroom setting offered in partner locations throughout the metro area. This part-time position requires night and weekend work.
The Administrative Assistant should provide skillful and productive operation of the office in order to assure a positive impact on the Literacy KC's educational program and students' success. The Administrative Assistant performs a variety of duties to support staff. This position is responsible for many office administration functions related to daily business operations including, but not limited to, housekeeping, routine office duties and client services. Duties specific to various programs will be assigned as needed, including duties located at partner site facilities
- Performs duties to achieve high levels of customer service
- Answers telephone in a pleasant and respectful manner and routes calls to appropriate personnel
- Deals courteously with visitors, students, tutors, and staff
- Cooperative, flexible and shows good judgment/discretion in interpersonal interactions
- Represents self and Literacy KC positively
- Performs various office management tasks; including but not limited to: Making copies, assembling mailings, making student calls, and other administrative projects
- Operates computers, copiers, office machinery, and equipment with a high degree of skill
- Maintains files/records, confidential and general correspondence, memos, statistical data, reports, and other office forms as assigned
- Responds in a timely manner to informational requests
- Demonstrates good safety practices and adheres to all Literacy KC rules, regulations, and policies
- Assist in data management for all programs as assigned
- Assist in case management activities including student intake, progress reporting, and ongoing support through student communications
- Performs closing duties
- Performs other duties as assigned in order to carry out functions of the office
- General housekeeping duties, including stocking materials and maintaining an orderly and clean reception area
- Attend bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Create and promote a positive work environment through teamwork mentality and creative problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
- Honesty; ability to manage confidential information and financial resources
- Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal direction and effectively operate in an environment of frequent change, limited definition and changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster teamwork and an environment of cooperation and collaboration
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- PC proficient; MS Office, and data management experience required.
- High school diploma or GED and 3-5 years related experience
- Ability to perform mathematical functions as related to some basic accounting duties
- Ability to interpret instructions and to use good judgment and initiative to determine the approach or appropriate action to be taken
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work harmoniously as part of a team within a culturally diverse environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use his/her hands to feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Application Submission Instructions: To apply, please submit cover letter and resume via email with "Administrative Assistant" as the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Part Time