Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Associate (Continuing Education)
The American Association of Veterinary State Boards is a not-for-profit membership organization comprised of 62 Member Boards dedicated to the proper and efficient regulation of veterinary medicine in the interest of public protection. We are committed to advancing the regulatory process for veterinary medicine and being the primary source for comprehensive information that strategically strengthens the veterinary regulatory community.
The AAVSB culture is one of collaboration. We are creative, and team members specialize in various areas, becoming experts in those areas. We are focused on outcomes instead of outputs. The common thread among us is the striving for excellence through participation and promotion of the Association.
The AAVSB is in search of a Full-Time Program Associate (Continuing Education). This administrative position supports the continuing education services of the AAVSB. The associate will handle the receipt and processing of applications using the recognized database system(s) and communication with providers, veterinary professionals, participants, committee members, consultants, board administrators and other parties interested in the regulations and approval of continuing education, in addition to continuing education tracking.
- Supports the processing of all aspects of RACE Provider and Program applications, utilizing the recognized database system.
- Processes all aspects of continuing education tracking applications, utilizing the recognized database system.
- As a member of the CE Team, receives and promptly answers incoming emails and telephone calls regarding the Continuing Education services, both RACE and RACEtrack, and when required, other programs.
- Aids prospective and current providers in understanding and following the RACE Standards and requirements.
- Represents the AAVSB at veterinary trade shows to promote RACE services to current and potential Providers and RACEtrack services to veterinary professionals.
- Communicates in an effective and timely fashion with the Senior Manager of Continuing Education. (written and oral).
- Works to facilitate the exchange of information and requests between paid consultant(s) and RACE Providers to ensure the timely review of applications and to increase numbers of approved programs.
- Maintains a high standard of excellence in customer service to the AAVSB’s Member Boards, RACE Providers, veterinary professionals, committee members, consultants, and other customers/stakeholders.
- Provides input including suggesting enhancements to the recognized database system and website in partnership with AAVSB staff, technology programmers, and other third-party entities.
- Provides support to the Senior Manager of Continuing Education to keep day-to-day tasks running smoothly and effectively.
- Monitors and evaluates the operations, processes, and/or practices of the Continuing Education Program(s) for quality and effectiveness and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Assists in organizing RACE Committee meetings and participates as requested.
- Performs general office duties such as copying, faxing, scanning, and sorting.
- Provides input to the Senior Director of Marketing & Technology on suggested computer system and website enhancements.
- Maintains desk manual on aspects of the RACE Program and other continuing education services of the AAVSB.
- Provide RACE Program information to management and the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Performs duties as required based on the needs of AAVSB and/or as assigned.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite Applications and working with databases.
- The rules and practices related to professional continuing education and its impact on the profession.
- Applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- AAVSB Programs and services.
- Manage simultaneous time-sensitive projects with varying deadlines.
- Identify and assist with improvements to increase the effective operation of a program or function.
- Work effectively and efficiently both independently and collaboratively as part of the AAVSB team, committed to DEI in the workplace.
- Maintain a calm and positive attitude.
- Treat confidential information with professionalism and discretion.
- Independent judgement and initiative.
- Required: Associate degree and three years of relevant office and customer service experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of three years’ relevant experience in an education setting or nonprofit association.
- Must be committed to ongoing professional development. Occasional travel and weekend work might be necessary to fulfill the position’s responsibilities.
- Must be committed to ongoing professional development.
- Occasional travel and weekend work may be necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the position.
- Work is performed under the supervision of the Senior Manager of Continuing Education.
- The AAVSB is headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri. This position may be virtual/remote with the understanding that there will be required company-paid travel to Kansas City, Missouri, and other locations throughout the year.
Job Type: Full Time