Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Baptist-Trinity Lutheran Legacy Foundation
Posted 11/27/18Baptist-Trinity Lutheran Legacy Foundation was established in May 2003 with the assets from two former foundations, Baptist Medical Center Foundation and Trinity Lutheran Hospital Foundation. BTLLF’s mission is "to provide support in the greater Kansas City area for crisis related medical assistance, neighborhood school health grants and health education programs and services". BTLLF’s flagship program, Kansas City’s Medicine Cabinet, has worked with community service organizations to provide financial assistance for medical needs such as dental care, diabetic supplies, durable medical equipment (including hearing aids), prescriptions and vision care.
Position SummaryThe Receptionist is the first point of contact for the entire organization. The position is responsible for answering incoming calls, mail distribution and providing clerical support to the Executive Director and the Controller. This position requires a positive attitude, a warm and friendly demeanor, and flexibility for taking on a variety of tasks.
- Welcome visitors and answer the telephone
- Post invoices and receipts for accounting; update internal records as needed
- Schedule meetings and meeting space, receive RSVPs and set up for meetings/events
- Attend staff meetings, other administrative functions and events
- Prepare and distribute documents and correspondence, manuals and meeting materials as needed
- Support administrative and special projects
- Serve as contact for office machine vendors
- Inventory and order office and kitchen supplies; assure office and kitchen areas are orderly
- Open, sort and distribute mail; responsible for outgoing mail and filing
- Operate standard office equipment including fax machine, scanner, copier, computer and telephone
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
Qualifications & Characteristics
- High school diploma/GED required; AA preferred
- One year of work in the non-profit sector required; experience with boards of directors preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office product suite required; familiarity with fundraising software desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and eagerness to work in a collaborative environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet critical deadlines
- Mature, reliable and demonstrates good judgment; responsive to direction and feedback
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment that is fully accessible
- This role uses standard office equipment (e.g., computers, phones, copiers, scanners and filing cabinets)
- The position is required to talk, hear, stand and walk, and to handle, feel and reach. The employee must frequently lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds and occasionally objects up to 40 pounds
- Occasional evening and weekend work, as well as occasional travel in the Kansas City region
- Workplace is a smoke- and drug-free environment
Work Schedule and Compensation
- Available to work Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- $12.50 per hour
Job Type (optional):