Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Job Title: Receptionist
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Office Manager
Since 1975 Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) has been an essential part of the Kansas City metro. Our mission is to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual abuse and assault, and to prevent sexual violence in our community. We are seeking an organized, reliable and welcoming receptionist to join our office administration team at our main office location in midtown.
This position is responsible for assisting clients and visitors and providing clerical and other administrative support for the daily program activities of the organization.
- Welcome Clients & Visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Greet clients and visitors and notify employees of arrival.
- Assist with client services including database records, satisfaction surveys and transportation assistance.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including observing sign-ins, monitoring lobby area and collaborating with building management.
- Administrative Support
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating client related issues, needs and concerns.
- Ensure proper functioning of the telephone system, troubleshoot issues, answer telephone calls, relay messages, and record office closure greetings.
- Update switchboard names, extensions and organization extension list.
- Communicate with information technology support on behalf of office staff and utilize online work ticketing system.
- Provide support for common areas including daily maintenance of the lobby, reception and kitchen areas.
- Receive incoming mail and faxes, process outgoing mail and shipments.
- Reserve meeting rooms and assist with setup for presentations, special events and trainings.
- Manage office supply and breakroom inventory, ordering and processing.
- Scan, organize and file invoices, surveys, client information and grant documents.
- Assist office manager in scheduling staff travel and registration.
- Assume the responsibilities of the office manager, as requested, when office manager is out of the office.
- Special projects as assigned.
The position requires an Associate’s Degree or two years prior experience in an office setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year customer service experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and telephone systems.
Nonprofit, healthcare or social services experience. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Experience with confidential information and/or client data.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with clients, staff, administration, funders, and others encountered in the course of work.
This is a full-time position; business hours are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Vacation, Holiday, Sick Pay, Medical, Dental, Life, Long-term Disability Insurance, 403(b) and Cafeteria program. MOCSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse staff. The salary range for this position is $30,000 - $38,000, DOE.
Please submit an application with a cover letter and resume via MOCSA’s OnePoint Careers Portal.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999