Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Job Title: Receptionist
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Reports to: Office Manager
Since 1975 Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault (MOCSA) has been an essential part of the Kansas City metro. Our mission is to improve the lives of those impacted by sexual abuse and assault, and to prevent sexual violence in our community. We are seeking an organized, reliable, and focused customer service professional with excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills. The ability to work independently and as part of a team is essential. This position is full time 37.5 hours a week, Monday through Thursday 10:00am to 7:00pm and Friday 10:30am to 5:00pm in the office at our main location at 3100 Broadway Ave. Kansas City, Missouri.
At MOCSA we are committed to Inclusion, Diversity, Equity & Accessibility (IDEA) and invite you to be part of our dedicated and passionate team. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer who embraces and encourages differences in age, color, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make us unique. Individuals who have been personally impacted by sexual violence are encouraged to apply. We believe that each employee is key to our success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
This position is responsible for assisting clients and visitors and providing clerical and other administrative support for the daily program activities of the organization.
- Welcome Clients & Visitors
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls.
- Greet clients and visitors and notify employees of arrival.
- Assist with client services including database records, satisfaction surveys and transportation assistance.
- Maintain safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, including observing sign-ins, monitoring lobby area and collaborating with building management.
- Administrative Support
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating client related issues, needs and concerns.
- Ensure proper functioning of the telephone system, troubleshoot issues, answer telephone calls, relay messages, and record office closure greetings.
- Assists with onboarding and off-boarding processes for staff members.
- Update switchboard names, extensions and organization extension list.
- Communicate with information technology support on behalf of office staff and utilize online work ticketing system.
- Provide support for common areas including daily upkeep and maintenance of the lobby, reception and kitchen areas.
- Receive incoming mail and faxes, process outgoing mail and shipments.
- Reserve meeting rooms and assist with setup for presentations, special events and trainings.
- Manage office supply and breakroom inventory, ordering and processing.
- Assist with inventory data and processing.
- Scan, organize and file invoices, surveys, client information and grant documents.
- Assist office manager in scheduling staff travel and registration.
- Communicate with vendors and building management, as needed
- Assume the responsibilities of the office manager, as requested, when office manager is out of the office.
- Special projects as assigned.
The responsibilities described represent the primary responsibilities of the job. Other responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor as warranted by business needs. The incumbent is expected to do all assigned responsibilities. Grant funds may only be used for the provision of approved activities.
The position requires an Associate’s Degree or two years prior experience in an office setting, or equivalent combination of education and experience. One year customer service experience. Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and telephone systems.
Nonprofit, healthcare or social services experience. Microsoft Office Suite proficiency. Experience with confidential information and/or client data.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve non-routine and complex problems; use math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work under intensive deadlines with frequent interruptions; and interact with clients, staff, administration, funders, and others encountered in the course of work.
This is a full-time in person position; office hours are Monday through Thursday, 8:30 am to 7:00 pm and Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. The schedule for this position is Monday through Thursday 10:00am to 7:00pm and Friday 10:30am to 5:00pm. Standard work weeks consistent of 37.5 hours. Occasionally additional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Occasional travel throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area.
Full time benefits include 15 days of vacation, 16 paid holidays, 12 sick days, birthday holiday, winter break, 89% employer covered health insurance, 100% employer paid dental, life, and long-term disability Insurance, and 2% 403(b) match. MOCSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse staff. The salary range for this position is $40,000 - $46,000 depending on education and experience.
At MOCSA, the health and safety of our team and the individuals we serve is our number one priority. That’s why all offers of employment are contingent on the candidate successfully passing a criminal and child abuse and neglect background check. Additionally, MOCSA requires proof of being fully vaccinated against Covid 19 by the first day of work (one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine). Applicants in need of an exemption from this policy due to a medical reason, or because of a sincerely held religious belief, must submit a completed request for accommodation form to the human resources department to begin the interactive accommodation process as soon as possible. Accommodations will be granted where they do not cause MOCSA undue hardship or pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999