Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Receptionist and Office Manager
Colonial Presbyterian Church is seeking a dynamic individual to be our Receptionist and Officer Manager. This part time opportunity is located at the Overland Park Campus. This position represents Colonial Presbyterian Church as both the initial greeter and the “go-to person” for visitors, congregation, and staff at the Overland Park campus building. As such, a Godly and gracious spirit is essential, as well as proven computer, telephone, and administrative skills to manage a variety of specialized software and to provide administrative support to personnel at the OP campus. Serve as Events Scheduler for the OP Campus (on and off campus) as well as outside group events, assisting in all set-up requirements, assigning necessary resources, and processing related costs. Office hours are Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain presence in the front office, other than during excused break times, for awareness of persons entering the building and for providing necessary services as listed below
- Acknowledge visitors and incoming calls quickly, kindly, graciously, providing information or help that is within the job scope to provide, or, in the same spirit, connecting the visitor/caller to other appropriate staff members(s) as needed.
- Sort and distribute incoming mail; affix postage to all outgoing mail; as backup to other position, order supplies.
- Enter all worship service attendance into Church Metrics website. Email Sunday attendance numbers to the following leaders first thing on Mondays: Campus Pastor, Worship Director and W&A Coordinator.
- Initiate Payment Authorization for OP Campus Sunday Security Guards and provide updates to Security Guards for unique church events and changes in Sunday services
- Reserve church vehicles and distribute appropriate keys
- Reserve Anker Conference speaker for meeting use
- Daily review of the Win/DSX and HVAC systems monitoring and maintaining the database for the electronic security door system (ACS) including door overrides and heating/cooling for the building as needed according to event scheduling.
- Program electronic key cards for approved personnel; distribute and collect cards as necessary
- Monitor and maintain supplies for the coffee machines; ensure weekly cleaning occurs
- Provide administrative assistance for the Quivira staff and congregation as required. This will include creating reports, listings, and labels, as well as copying, envelope stuffing, and other projects as assigned
- Assist Campus Pastor in setting up/tracking his meetings
- Support preschool staff with copier use when needed. Ensure paper is in copier each workday.
- Maintain awareness of Food Pantry and other citywide support numbers for emergency use by visitors or attenders.
- Work in harmony with others on the staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Requirements
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and a calling to serve Him and His church through Colonial Presbyterian Church
- Proven customer service skills
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Pleasing phone voice and etiquette
- Warm, outgoing personality that enjoys connecting with strangers as well as regular staff and members
- A depth of knowledge or willingness to learn about Colonial Presbyterian church, its history, structure, basic beliefs, worship and ministry opportunities, and its members and staff
- Flexibility, ability, and willingness to multitask, problem solve, and be the “go-to” person for a variety of situations
- Technical skills, including ability and willingness to learn EMS scheduling software, Shelby database software, and WinDSX security system for effective use of same
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet
- Good communication and people skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle multi-line phone system and use pager
- Basic math skills
- Ability to work with many interruptions and distractions
- An attitude of teamwork and cooperation
If you are excited to work in the Kingdom and want to learn more, please apply on-line or send your resume and cover letter to attention Human Resources Director.
Job Type: Part Time