Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
SPARK Office Administrative Assistant
SPARK Office Administrative Assistance
The Office Administrative Assistant position includes day-to-day management of the SPARK office. This is a part-time position with variable hours. SPARK (Senior Peers Actively Renewing Knowledge) is a non-profit corporation, affiliated with the University of Missouri-Kansas City Department of the College of Arts and Science, and has offered lifelong learning courses, events and tours to over 250 active retiree members in the Kansas City area for over 25 years.
Under the supervision of the SPARK President, the Office Administrative Assistant works with the members, volunteer instructors and UMKC staff to carry out the SPARK mission, policies and procedures to assist with coordination of activities of the organization. We are looking for a n individual who can work independently, multi-task and perform technical duties requiring a significance amount of judgement to prioritize duties. We are seeking a staff member who enjoys interacting with older active and energetic adults and strives to make them feel welcomed a valued member of the organization.
Send Interest and resume to Bill Webb (President) at email@example.com
- Serves as the primary representative of SPARK during office hours and maintains a welcoming environment to best serve members, instructors and guests.
- Communicates with members, potential member, instructors and guests to provide information about classes, events, and other topics relevant to joining and participating in SPARK classes and activities.
- Supervises volunteers performing office support tasks for classes and other events.
- Performs clerical tasks such as opening and distributing mail, answering and returning phone calls, responding to office correspondence as directed by the President or other Board of Directors and maintaining files as appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining membership records and contact information.
- Assists in processing of class enrollments and the packaging the mailing of pre-paid parking tags to members prior to class sessions.
- Organizes break room refreshments before and after classes and insures that necessary break room supplies are available. Maintains office supplies and equipment inventory.
- Supports SPARK members and instructors prior to and during class sessions with audio visual technical services and copying instructor handouts.
- Familiar and experienced with operation of standard office equipment with and such as computers, scanners and printers.
- Collects registrations fees for drop-in class attendees and sells parking tags to participants.
- Maintains an adequate inventory of break room refreshments and office supplies.
- Assists Board Officers and Committee Chairs with administrative functions.
- Maintains records for volunteer hours for instructors and members and submits these records to UMKC as required.
- Oversees operation of audio-visual equipment when necessary and arranges for assistance from IT or repair of office equipment, audio-visual equipment and computers.
This is a part time position with variable hours. (675-800 Hours per Year)
There are three 6 week class sessions in Fall, Winter and & Spring Quarters.( 4 days for each session M-Th 9:00 am to 4:00 pm) and one 4 week Summer Session (M-Th (9:00am to 4:pm. There will be variable hours between sessions depending on the need to assist with enrollment forms and parking tags.
Minimum Educational Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent and 3 or more years of responsible administrative experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary. Some experience with college is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have the following knowledge and skills:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with SPARK members and UMKC personnel with strong attention to detail, excellent and oral and written communication skills.
2. Willingness to and ability to help problem- solve member’s issues.
3. Ability to work independently and able to handle multiple projects, simultaneously.
4. Organizational skills to effectively manage documents, calendars, information meetings and events.
5. Considerable knowledge of standard office administrative and clerical practices and procedures. Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, including Word Excel and Outlook. Proficient ability to use these programs to support correspondence, manage membership and committee lists.
6. General administrative support skills such as copying, filing, returning calls, material, mailings, and miscellaneous projects.
7. Willingness to adjust to the SPARK flexible schedule.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999