|University Executive Assistant
||November 1, 2019
|Coordinates, oversees, and/or performs a wide variety of support activities, secretarial services, and confidential assignments for the President of the University and the Provost of the University. Some of the major responsibilities include:
This job may require responsibilities outside the normal business hours and may include some evening and weekends.
- Serves as a primary point of contact and liaison for the President and Provost on day-to-day operational and administrative issues.
- Supports constituent walk-ins in the President’s Office and the Academic Affairs Office and interacts with them to identify and process inquiries or schedule appointments.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings and special events as requested for all executive staff; schedules and coordinates dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities; takes minutes, and provides administrative support and follow-up on matters arising from meetings.
- Primary contact for the Board of Trustees requiring communication with members and development of materials for Board of Trustees meetings and special events in coordination with all executive staff.
- Schedules and coordinates the President's and Provost’s appointments and travel arrangements.
- Gathers, enters, and/or updates data to maintain departmental records and databases, as appropriate, for the President’s Office and the Academic Affairs Office; establishes and maintains files and records for both offices. Monitors department budgets as assigned.
- Composes and prepares written documentation and correspondence for both offices; screens and evaluates incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepares responses as appropriate. Reviews professional journals for industry trends, prepares article summaries.
- Assure office equipment is in working order; initiate requests for repairs; maintain stock levels of office supplies and place order for additional, when needed.
- Coordinate with other support personnel in the Academic Affairs Office to assure availability for answering phones and receiving students/guests to the offices.
- Coordinate with other offices to support academic ceremonies, including graduation, sending ceremony, Convocare, and honors.
||Bachelor degree; requires at least five years administrative office experience at an executive level.
Previous executive level university experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit correspondence and other written materials.
- Database management skills.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
- Ability to provide leadership and guidance to administrative support staff and/or students.
- Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications; advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Evernote and databases.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
||This is a full time staff position, eligible for the usual and customary benefits. Avila University’s comprehensive benefit package includes a generous holiday schedule, tuition remission for employee and dependents, vacation and sick leave, retirement benefits, health & dental insurance.
||Send cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
11901 Wornall Road
Kansas City, Missouri 64145-1698
||Kansas City, a two-state metropolitan area with a population of nearly two million, offers a wide variety of cultural, educational and social life opportunities
|Avila University, a Catholic university founded and inspired by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, provides undergraduate and graduate education in the liberal arts and professional studies, preparing lifelong learners who make meaningful contributions to the global community.
|Avila University is committed to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate on the basis of, sex, race, religion, age, color, sexual orientation, disability, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veterans status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.