Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Customer Service Representative
Here at the Pet Resource Center of Kansas City, we recognize that our team is the foundation of not just our business, but also our way of life. Through consistent growth based on the quality of our customer service and our desire to help, we have the opportunity to welcome a new team member who will join us in the next phase of our exciting journey.
Since 2002, Pet Resource Center of Kansas City has delivered accessible and affordable veterinary services and pet resources, and has developed a well-earned reputation for being a trusted resource for the Greater Kansas City community. Our contributions to ending pet homelessness and increasing pet retention has helped keep pets off the streets, out of shelters and in homes with the owners who love them.
We’re looking for someone who is energized by the idea of changing lives – both animal and human. A customer services superstar who loves the idea of interacting with and helping people and pets all day long.
If that is you, then you might be right for our front line customer service specialist, who handles all the initial interactions with clients and their pets as they arrive at our center. We continue to operate a drive through system for the safety and convenience and will serve around 35,000 pets this year. That equates to nearly 200 pets a day. This position is about providing top-notch customer service by educating clients on how to keep their pets healthy all year long with vaccinations and preventative. This position is mainly at our front desk, but also includes a rotating schedule to be outside in our booth (AC and heater provided!) for small periods of time where you'll direct the traffic in our parking lot.
It’s not easy but you’ll get recognized regularly by clients and staff for your contributions. In addition, you’ll go home every day knowing lives were impacted by the work you did.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Checking clients in for their pet's services over the phone and processing their payments
- Using customer service skills to educate on and promote services, treatments and products
- Using a spreadsheet to track the flow of the parking lot and clients
- When in rotation, being out at our check in booth for a few hours at a time greeting clients and getting them signed in using a laptop, and then directing them into a lane.
- Have a basic working knowledge of the organization so you can answer questions about the resources and support we can provide to those in need.
- Be a problem solver and provide helpful, compassionate and caring service to all clients and their pets.
- Address client issues and concerns quickly.
- Handle deposit at end of day and fix any discrepancies
- High energy and passion for customer service.
- Organized personality.
- Ability to work in very high volume and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask
- Confident in decision-making.
- Experience in handling difficult clients or situations with a calm and kind demeanor.
- Although we have a heated/cooled check-in booth, you must be able to work in all types of weather conditions.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus!
- Full time starts at $13 or based on experience
- Health, dental, vision and life benefits options
- 3 weeks paid annual leave with flexible scheduling ability
- Paid holidays
- Monday-Friday Schedule and occasional Saturdays.
- Taxable sign on bonus of $500 to be allotted after employees initial 90-day introductory period
To apply, please visit https://pet-resource-center-of-kansas-city.prismhr-hire.com/
Job Type: Full Time