Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Vet Clinic Manager
Wayside Waifs is Kansas City's largest and most comprehensive no kill pet adoption campus. For over 75 years we have been working diligently to partner pets and community for life. Wayside Waifs strives to enrich the lives of abandoned, abused and homeless animals until they find a new family home. We care for more than 6,500 animals every year. Wayside is a private, independent, nonprofit 501 (c)(3) charity with no government funding. We depend on the generosity of the community to continue our life-saving work.
The Vet Clinic Manager supervises, manages, and provides leadership for the vet clinic staff. This includes managing relationships, policies and human resource related protocols within the clinic. The Vet Clinic Manager will work closely with the vet clinic staff to help maintain inventory and efficiency within the vet clinic. This person will also work closely with the Chief Veterinarian and other staff to help maintain best practices and provide high quality medical care for the animals sheltered at Wayside Waifs. Additionally, this person sets the tone for excellent customer service to adopters, volunteers, foster parents, and the staff. Finally, they are a vital colleague to other managers and departments in helping with the overall success of Wayside Waifs.
- Supervision, management, and leadership for vet clinic staff.
- Oversight and leadership of surgical schedule and daily clinic flow
- Maintain the highest standard of customer service.
- ?Maintain a professional manner at all times and be respectful to other staff and clients.
- Assist adopters with making informed decisions about their pet’s care.
- Discuss difficult medical conditions with clients in a compassionate manner.
- Co-management of approximately 10 volunteers.
- Ensure all daily tasks and inventory are completed in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the veterinarians and staff to ensure the highest quality of medical care for the animals at Wayside Waifs.
- Collaborate with other managers and participate in the Manager-on-Duty schedule.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & DUTIES:
- Schedule vet clinic team to ensure coverage of the clinic during routine days, vacation, holiday, and emergency closure.
- Manage and mentor vet clinic team members in position tasks, professional growth, and onboarding.
- Manage vet clinic team member hourly time cards.
- Attend bi-monthly Manager Meetings and participate in Manager-on-Duty tasks.
- Oversee daily workflow for efficiency.
- Ensure inventory is maintained and seek alternative options for backorders.
- Assist vet clinic team members in the following tasks: phone calls and messages, appointment scheduling, adoption discharges, technician and assistant tasks, & veterinarians with exams.
- Other tasks as assigned
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong ability to manage multiple staff members and build professional relationships
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong attention to detail and task orientation
- Ability to accurately enter data into database programs for reporting purposes
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to multitask
- Ability to assist in guideline evaluations and formation
- Supervisory experience required
- High School diploma or GED required
- Veterinary Clinic experience highly encouraged
- RVT encouraged
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds to waist height in order to move animals from kennels, move bags, and a push-pull situations.
- Repetitive bending, kneeling, stopping, and similar movements required.
- Must be able to physically restrain animals weighing up to and including 125 pounds.
- Able to work with exposure to wet and/or humid condition and outside weather conditions.
- Must be able to perform a significant amount of standing during a typical day, exposure to fumes, airborne particles, and possible zoonotic diseases.
- Noise level is moderate to high.
- Exposure to animal waste.
FT position. Weekdays typically 8:00am to 5:00pm with some evenings, weekends and holidays required. Also the ability to have schedule be flexible in times of staffing needs.
Wayside Waifs offers the following benefits:
- Medical, Dental, Life, Vision and Long Term Disability
- PTO (Vacation and Sick Time)
- Six and a half paid Holidays
To apply for this position, please visit our website at www.waysidewaifs.org. You may also send your resume, cover letter, and three professional references directly to: Melissa Crites, Human Resources Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org.
Just as Wayside Waifs has committed to providing compassionate care for the thousands of homeless animals who enter our shelter each year, we are equally committed to providing a healthy and humane working environment for our employees. Wayside Waifs is an EOE and is looking for diversity in candidates for employment.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999