Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
The J is seeking an Art Instructor to teach Painting and Drawing classes (beginners to advanced) to senior adults (age 65 and over).
Varying daytime hours with the possibility of evening classes in the future.
- Teach in a manner that promotes artistic growth from participants
- Stay current on teaching and art trends and implement in the classroom
- Work with supervisor to create a class outline and budget
- Record and submit attendance records and enforce enrollment deadlines
- Maintain a clean and organized classroom in cooperation with other Art Instructors
- Attend mandatory meetings/trainings
- Coordinate and implement Annual Art Show & Opening Reception
- 1-2 years prior teaching experience, preferably teaching senior adults
- Ability to prepare curriculum for subject matter
- Artistic ability in a variety of mediums
- Flexibility, creativity and ability to meet student needs in terms of goals, levels, and areas of interest
- Able to use basic computer technology such as email and time clock
- Knowledge of Jewish culture, values and traditions or willingness to learn
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Able to build positive relationships with a diverse group of senior adult students
- Able to move freely around art studio to provide group and individual instruction
- Able to use art supplies and cleaning supplies related to painting and drawing instruction
About The J
The J is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The J is Shabbat-Observant Friendly.
The mission of The J is to build a strong, vibrant and inclusive community that enhances wellness, meaning and joy based on Jewish values, heritage and culture. The J operates on these values:
- Welcoming + Inclusive - We are welcoming, inclusive and nurturing. We invite all to join us in making connections and lifelong friendships.
- Building Community - We believe in the strength of community and we seek to cultivate a sense of belonging in all we do.
- Enriching Mind + Body + Soul - We help individuals live a physically, intellectually, and emotionally healthy lifestyle.
- Passing on Jewish Culture + History - We celebrate and pass on the values, culture, history, and traditions of the Jewish people.
- Treat Others As You Wish To Be Treated - We treat everyone with respect, dignity and loving kindness.
Job Type: Part Time
Salary Range: Up to $29,999