Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
House Manager- Starlight
Do you have a love for the arts? Would you like to be an active part of a beloved Kansas City tradition? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you! Starlight is looking for a dedicated, energetic and hard-working "Star" to join our Operations team as House Manager!
The House Manager is responsible for managing front-of-house operations of the venue during events including, but not limited to: modeling and supporting exemplary guest experience, ensuring venue safety and leading staffing and training for guest-facing roles. This role serves as the lead front-of-house position for all public and private events on a scheduled or needed basis for Starlight (approximately 60-80 events a year). The House Manager works cooperatively with all departments and vendors to ensure successful live event execution.
Key Accountabilities & Deliverables:
- Effectively and efficiently hire, onboard and manage seasonal staff including Guest Assist, Ambassadors, Security, KCPD, EMT, Parking, and Interns.
- Fully understand and implement Starlight’s Emergency Operations Procedures, including maintenance of Trained Crowd Manager certification and other training as required.
- Successfully execute annual training for all event staff.
- Responsible for comprehensive pre-event setup, including staff briefings, as well as post-event operations and event reports.
- Resolve guest issues and execute effective crisis management while modeling Starlight’s values, including ticketing issues, seat relocation, etc.
- Manage magnetometers and all two-way radios including maintenance and distribution.
- Support the Vice President of Operations and Starlight’s strategic initiatives, particularly related to ensuring an exemplary guest experience.
- Understand and commit to Starlight’s Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) drivers.
- Assist the facilities team as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: The above list of functions is not intended to be all-inclusive. The House Manager will perform other duties as required to meet the evolving needs of the department.
Education and/or Work Experience Preference: Bachelor’s degree in Venue Management, Operations Management, Sports and Entertainment Management, or alternative relevant degree; OR equivalent work experience of 2 – 5 years in arts industry/facility/event management.
Required Skills and Abilities: Proficient knowledge in crowd management + life safety, front-of-house best practices and management principles. Highly effective and respectful interpersonal + communication skills. Strong administrative and organizational skills with the ability and desire to learn new and evolving systems, technology, programs and processes. Knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office suite; experience with Sign Up Genius and VenueOps is preferred but not required.
Other Working Conditions and Requirements: Demanding and dynamic schedule of 40+ hours per week with 60 – 80 required event nights from May through September, including weekends. Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds. Ability to stand and walk on all surfaces for event day shifts and ability to climb stairs. Ability to physically assist guests with disabilities within the venue (e.g. wheelchair assistance on slopes). Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions including extreme heat, cold temperatures, and inclement weather.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit your credentials online. You may also download and complete Starlight’s application and submit it to Starlight’s West Ticket Office- who will forward it to the appropriate hiring manager. The West Ticket Office is located next to Gate 3 in Parking Lot A (where Starlight’s security booth is located). You may drop off your application Monday-Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Please visit our website for more information regarding Starlight employment.
Starlight Theatre Association of Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organization.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999,$50,000 - 74,999