Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Job Title: Manager of Marketing
Reports to: Director of Marketing
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Marketing Manager is a key position within the Kauffman Center. This position is responsible for the marketing activities for all Kauffman Center Presents series, assisting with brand marketing activities –and manages the one to two interns and the Digital Marketing Specialist role including oversight of social media and digital marketing platforms. In addition, this role develops and enhances mutually beneficial in-kind partnerships with external partners. With a focus on program marketing, communications, brand marketing and sales objectives, this position supports communications and marketing needs for internal and external collaboration, cross functional team-building and analysis of existing and innovative marketing strategies.
This position must work effectively within the internal Kauffman Center team to accomplish established organizational and departmental objectives. This visible role leads by example and is a positive and highly professional representative of the Kauffman Center.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Outbound marketing for the Kauffman Center Presents series and additional Kauffman Center owned programming: (50%)
- Drive ticket sales: Analyze the programming schedule and develop and manage the marketing plan(s) to achieve ticket sales goals through media buying, social media, partnerships, other marketing activities.
- Work with contracted media buyer for strategic media placement and execution
- Develop and manage (e.g., design, plan, execute, measure, debrief) marketing messages including on-sale communication, pre-performance and post-performance.
- Budget and adhere to the annual budget, ensuring consistency and integrity of messaging and measurement/outcome of effectiveness.
- Create messaging for Kauffman Center Presents and Kauffman Center initiatives including copy writing, press release generation and related media follow-up.
- Supervisory and management of website, digital assets and social media (20%)
- Supervise digital marketing staff and manage freelance work by contracted photographers, designers and others. Provide guidance and direction for digital marketing strategies and lead assignments to ensure proper media and marketing coverage of various Kauffman Center events, initiatives and activities.
- Develop and manage digital marketing strategy. Lead implementation of digital marketing with the goal of engaging consumers (new and potential) through the following:
- Website– messaging, maintenance and oversight.
- Email blasts – provide content, edits and reviews of outbound e-mail communications and oversee master e-mail calendar, generate, design and execution of content elements.
- Social media – generate content, manage and monitor postings and ensure response to messages on all four platforms as needed (Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram)
- Lead maintenance and platform management for digital platforms and reporting deliverables.
- Communications Support and Organizational Messaging (10%)
- Be a resource for marketing needs cross-departmentally through the following:
- Integration of branding standards and Kauffman Center messaging in cross-department marketing assets.
- Develop strategy for integration of marketing initiatives tied to sponsor benefits and website and social media content.
- Edit and develop copy to align with organization priorities, programming, and experiences.
- Work with the team to develop new initiatives to promote other departments and programming. (e.g. regular volunteer highlight, promoting special events, etc.)
- Be a resource for marketing needs cross-departmentally through the following:
- Community Partnerships and Other Duties: (10%)
- Develop, and retain in-kind media partnerships to support the Kauffman Center’s programming activity. Work with internal staff on execution of benefits/trades.
- Represent the Kauffman Center brand at various engagements with community and other arts organizations.
- Seek out best practices from within and beyond the arts industry and provide suggestions/ideas to further investigate for feasibility of implementation.
- Analyze marketplace/gather consumer insights to help drive input into various client enrichments to drive new guests to the Kauffman Center.
- Work cross-functionally (partnering with internal staff) on various client experience projects; assist and, at times, lead in various levels of the design, plan, execution and debrief.
- Work on multiple, simultaneous projects with varying deadlines and perform other duties as assigned.
- Work with marketing representatives from resident arts organizations (KC Symphony, KC Ballet, Lyric Opera of KC) on collaborative marketing projects.
- Dining Experience marketing and promotions (10%)
- Develop and execute marketing plan to promote the Dining Experience, the Kauffman Center’s internal restaurant.
- Execute Dining Experience Instagram content per schedule outlined by the Dining team.
- Point of contact with any contracted public relations vendors
- Schedule photo shoots
- Create media toolkits for resident arts organizations promoting the Dining Experience seasonal menus
- Write, edit, print any marketing collateral for the Dining Experience (menus, posters, website content, etc.)
- Attend monthly Dining team meetings
- College degree in marketing, communications, media relations, journalism and/or the equivalent of related experience.
- Three to five years related experience in marketing, communications sales, social media.
- Able to work independently, multi-task effectively and drive results.
- Excellent written and strong verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, proactively and professionally – internally / externally. Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule (including some evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.)
- Previous management experience and ability to coach and develop talent
- Previous experience in the performing arts industry
- HTML and/or Adobe experience
- Tessitura CRM database experience
- Experience with Wordpress dashboard, Wordfly email system and social media tools.
- Experience with Mac design suite programs
Please submit a cover letter addressing how you meet the required qualifications including salary requirement, a CV/resume, 2 writing samples and the names of three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Organizational values: Adheres to and promotes the organization’s values as follows:
Own it, get it solved
- Honest communication
Aim for excellence
- Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
- Embrace new ideas
Act with respect
- Treat others with dignity
- Work toward shared goals
INTENT AND FUNCTION OF JOB DESCRIPTIONS
Job descriptions assist organizations in ensuring that the hiring process is fairly administered and that qualified employees are selected. They are also essential to an effective appraisal system and related promotion, transfer, layoff, and termination decisions. Well-constructed job descriptions are an integral part of any effective compensation system.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization
Job Type: Full Time