Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Patron Services Manager
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Patron Services Manager works to assure an excellent patron experience, to plan and deliver front-of-house support along with overseeing event security operations needed by performing arts organizations and providing staffing for special events held in the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
This position must work effectively within the Patrons Services team in a multi-venue environment. This position ensures that public spaces and performance venues are ready for guests and creates a fun and lively environment for volunteers, support staff and guests.
This role is highly visible and interacts with sponsors, vendors, clients, Resident Arts Organizations (Kansas City Ballet, Kansas City Symphony, and Lyric Opera of Kansas City), other presenting organizations and the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts. The Patron Services Manager is expected to provide the highest level of customer service to all guests, vendors and clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Support the Senior Director of Patron Services in all activities needed to provide a positive customer experience and to ensure a safe and pleasant patron environment.
- Act as manager on duty for performances and events (Performance Lead), and takes leadership responsibility for front-of-house functions and supervision, including:
- Brief volunteers and staff regarding their roles for a performance or event.
- Maintain readiness standards to ensure front of house is clean, set-up and ready for guests at all times.
- Communicate performance-specific information with the Box Office in order to provide up-to-date information to patrons.
- Monitor and assure smooth lobby traffic and seating of patrons.
- Address patron and usher issues; work with other staff (security, box office, medical) for resolution as needed.
- Coordinate merchandise sales and settlements for presenting organizations; with the possibility of providing additional support staff.
- Prepare end of night house reports.
- Act as liaison for all Resident Arts Organizations and other presenting organizations for the coordination of performances and special events.
- Manage budget and resources effectively.
- Work in collaboration with all departments for the overall success of events.
- Establish front-of-house standards and operations.
- Manage 15 – 20 part-time event staff members.
- Assist and support the organization’s accessibility initiatives to ensure an inclusive environment to all guests at every event.
- Assist with volunteer and event staff training on basic roles and responsibilities, safety and evacuation procedures, industry practices and venue operating policies.
- Respond to guest requests and/or grievances; identify, research and resolve guest issues by interacting as needed with various personnel to develop effective communication to resolve issues and inquiries.
- Provide guests with accurate, up-to-date information about the Kauffman Center’s and Resident Arts Organization’s programs and venues.
- Act as liaison and manage expectations of 30 part-time contracted security event staff.
- Oversee event security operations by working with clients on threat detection levels while managing Evolv Threat Detection systems.
- Serve and represent Patron Services on the Preparedness and Response Steering Committee.
- Serve as liaison to the Department of Homeland Security’s Protective Security Advisor.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience is required
- Able to work independently and to lead, train and motivate others
- Demonstrated ability to work with the public and use conflict resolution skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to broaden and diversify current donor base.
- The ability to accommodate a flexible schedule (primarily evenings), including most weekends, and holidays as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Experience in reservation experience and performance venue/entertainment front of house supervision
- Good problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Generate creative ideas and solutions
- Good coaching and conflict resolution skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities in high stress situations
- Able to prioritize, identify critical issues and work towards results in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work collaboratively proactively and professionally across multiple organizations and with multiple vendors
This full-time position requires a flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekend events as required.
Adheres to and promotes the organization’s values (see below):
Own it, get it solved
- Honest communication
- Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
- Embraces new ideas
- Considerate of others
- Treat others with dignity and care
- Work toward shared goals
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full Time