Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Program Coordinator for Goethe-Institut
Program CoordinatorThe Goethe Pop Up Kansas City has an opening for a program coordinator: Full time position (100%) = 40 hours/week, in general 5 days per week (Monday – Friday), evening and weekend work necessary.
Start date: March 1, 2020 (or later), temporary position until December 31, 2020.
The Goethe Pop Up Kansas City is a temporary branch of the Goethe-Institut. The Goethe-Institut is the cultural institute of the Federal Republic of Germany with a global reach. We promote knowledge of the German language abroad and foster international cultural cooperation.
- Coordination, organization, and execution of cultural programs in close collaboration with the Managing Director of the Goethe Pop Up
- Communication and negotiation with partner organizations and cultural institutions in the USA and Germany
- Organizational and logistical support before and after events
- Hospitality Management
- Composition and production of texts for website and print
- Coordination of marketing activities/PR
- Budget monitoring, accounting, records management
- Mentoring interns
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States
- University degree (BA, MA or higher), humanities, arts management, or similar
- Great interest in and very good knowledge of contemporary art and culture in the U.S. and Germany
- Several years of work experience in the field of cultural programming and/or communications
- Excellent articulation skills - in both written and oral communication
- German language skills are an advantage, but not required
- Strong organizational skills
- Team player; ability to work under stress
- Willingness for flexible hours; evening and weekend work necessary
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of all MS Office products
Please email your written application with the following required documents
- Cover Letter (1/2 – 1 page max.)
- 3 references
Submission deadline: February, 28th, 2020
Goethe Pop Up Kansas City
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999