Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Ticketing Services Coordinator
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Ticketing Services Coordinator supports the overall day to day operations of the ticketing department from the daily sales to assisting with scheduled events. This position supports the Ticketing Services Manager to ensure a hospitable, smooth, and efficient operation in order to maintain the highest possible levels of customer service. The Ticketing Services Coordinator will assist with monitoring the Tessitura ticketing system, tracking daily sales and deposits, and ticket account management and fulfillment. This position will supervise and direct Ticketing Services Associates in the absence of the Ticketing Services Manager and Ticketing Services Supervisor. The ideal candidate will always maintain and promote excellence in customer service. This role provides ticket and general information to guests, makes exchanges, fulfills orders, troubleshoots issues, and assists with daily sales and service. The Ticketing Services Coordinator participates in addressing patron inquiries by web or phone, documenting processes, database maintenance, reporting and analysis, cultivating and fulfilling group sales orders and other duties as assigned. This position leads by example and identifies opportunities for process improvement.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Ticketing Services Operations & Support
- Reports to the Ticketing Services Manager for assignments, updates, and appropriate information for associate communications
- Manages inbound calls and box office inquiries
- Understands cash handling guidelines and processes, and maintains proper execution of these standards at all times
- Fosters and maintains strong working relationships with the Box Office Managers and staff members of the Resident Arts Organizations and other clients/partners
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skill and responds promptly to customer inquiries and requests
- Participates in training and day-to-day support of Ticketing Services Associates
- Performs quality assurance duties as requested by the Ticketing Services Manager
- Maintains documentation and training material on Ticketing Services policies and procedures and ensures effective departmental communication
- Participates in operational assessment to identify efficiencies, maximize resources, and promote process improvements in support of the patron and partner experience
- Rotates as manager on duty during box office performance shifts throughout the year requiring days, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Assists with data management and reporting using Tessitura
- Reviews website and external communication tools daily to maintain updated content
- Analyzes weekly phone reports to identify efficiencies and promote process improvements in support of the desired guest experience
- Coordinates presentations on digital screen systems prior to events to support cross-functional donor, sponsor, and promotional fulfillment for Kauffman Center and other partners
- Actively participates in day-to-day implementation, programming, data management and reporting using Tessitura
- Completes event builds and maintains updated website content
- Assists with management of the call center phone tree system and on hold content
- Promotes Open Doors donation opportunities to ticket buyers and supports fulfillment and outreach for Open Doors participants in coordination with Patron Services, Marketing, and Development
- Supports the organization across a variety of platforms as needed including Wordpress, website dashboard, and other online tools
- Responds and directs contact requests through public communication channels
- Assists with fulfillment of donor and sponsor requests in coordination with existing revenue generating programs
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience is required
- Must be able to work independently and to lead, train, and motivate others
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Windows applications
- Position requires the ability to accommodate a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as well as being able to perform in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Superior customer service skills and ability to successfully communicate with patrons, staff, resident organizations, and outside vendors
- Candidate must be able to handle multiple priorities in sometimes high stress situations while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Candidate must have the ability to prioritize and identify critical issues, and work towards resolutions
- Candidate must have the ability to collaborate with multiple departments and resident organizations proactively and professionally
- Candidate should have cash handling experience
- One year of supervisory experience
- One year of box office experience
- Knowledge of Tessitura
- Experience with digital communications platforms
Adheres to and promotes the organization’s values (see below):
Own it, get it solved
- Honest communication
- Striving to improve or meet a standard of excellence
- Embraces new ideas
- Considerate of others
- Treat others with dignity and care
- Work toward shared goals
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts seeks a diverse talent pool affording equal opportunity to all candidates without regard to race, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all-inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
Job Type: Full Time