Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Director of Children's Ministries
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (this is not an exhaustive list)
Develop and maintain a vision / philosophy that supports and teaches the vision and mission statement of Colonial Presbyterian Church: To be the light of Christ in a hurting culture so that the lost are found, the broken made whole, the fatherless find hope, and our city is blessed. In doing so, this leader will:
- Build, lead and maintain a Parent Advisory Council.
- Build and encourage the whole church to participate in the ministry.
- Train, equip and supervise Children's Ministry administrators.
- Submit and maintain the annual budget for this division of the ministry.
- Assist Administrators in recruiting, hiring, equipping, and motivating ministry volunteers.
- Plan and provide a variety of events for children and their families.
- Connect and collaborate regularly with fellow Directors in the areas of Student Ministries and Preschools.
- Assure all Colonial employment policies and training requirements are met by staff, including abuse awareness, first aid, CPR.
- Commitment to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and the desire to serve His Church.
- Passion for children and seeing them grow in their relationship with Christ.
- Educational background or extensive experience related to children’s ministry.
- Strong knowledge of child development and age appropriate spiritual goals for children.
- Commitment to the development of faith, worship and integrity of Christian families.
- Strong leadership skills, exhibit energy, and enthusiasm. Experience in team-building and strong managerial skills. Ability to inspire.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills. Ability to prioritize. Ability to problem solve in a wide variety of situations, from administrative and managerial situations, to interpersonal staff and parent situations.
- Creativity; ability to think “outside the box.”
- Emotional resilience and confidence with deep spiritual maturity and self-awareness.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
Job Type: Full Time