Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Bilingual Customer Service Specialist
Community Housing of Wyandotte County (CHWC, Inc.) is a comprehensive community development organization whose mission is to stabilize, revitalize, and reinvest in Kansas City, Kansas through improved housing and related quality of life initiatives. We build and renovate beautiful, efficient, durable, healthy homes; promote sustainable homeownership through one-on-one coaching, classes, and financial assistance; and engage and strengthen neighborhoods through arts, green initiatives, and youth enterprise development.
CHWC needs a smart, self-starting, tech savvy Customer Service Specialist. This position serves as the driving force for the homeownership programs, provides assistance to external and internal clients and ensures efficient day-to-day operation of the office. This position is considered full-time benefits eligible, non-exempt, and reports to the Director of Operations. $15- $18 hourly depending on qualifications. This position plays an essential role in supporting a culture of sustainability through business growth.
- Associate’s Degree or some college preferred in marketing, sales, business, or similar field.
- 2+ year’s experience in office management or relevant experience. (Experience in housing, community development services preferred.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in office applications including Word and Excel
- Strong technology skills & aptitude: CHWC is moving toward an increasingly cloud based, paperless, mobile environment, so comfort with existing and emerging tech tools is critical.
- Intermediate database experience (Salesforce and Tableau preferred)
- Ability to identify areas of improvement for processes, policies and procedures, technical support.
- Ability to develop training and job aids.
- Ability to attend occasional after-hours meetings and events
- Ability to speak, read and write in Spanish required. Knowledge of Burmese or Nepalese is a plus
Leads Management: Works closely with Director of Operations and other staff to identify opportunities and needs in the local community and to craft outreach activities and business services to meet those needs.
- Actively work to convert leads to customers through a step-by-step process. Plan and collect customer documents prior to their Homeownership services.
- Schedule and participate in community outreach events to promote Homeownership Promotion & Preservation programs.
- Promote new customer face terminal with clients and partners. Guide customers in their online account creation for Homeownership customer - facing portal. Receive documentation and prepare customer file.
- Review new leads report in Salesforce daily and begin outreach. Provide personalized, one-on-one outreach to leads via phone calls or emails in order to positively influence the lead’s perception of the organization and perception of the value of the organization’s services.
- Document leads development progress in Salesforce including the conversion of leads to customers as well as deactivating leads that are not viable
- Coach other staff in basic sales techniques and how to employ them in interacting with leads, as wells as how to document all these activities in Salesforce database.
- Provide to management monthly or other periodic reporting of leads status and conversion to customers.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of all information.
- Provide support during organization’s events and other marketing activities (i.e. planning, promotion, set-up, etc.).
- Support Customer Service survey distribution and data collection for Homeownership clients
- Support Homeownership Manager collecting closing disclosure, data entry and reporting.
- Other duties/projects assigned by supervisor.
Salesforce Champion: Works closely with Director of Operations and serves as a champion for the value of Salesforce in driving the organization’s goals and objectives, through user training, coaching, and demonstrating the value of the data managed.
- Monitor adoption of Salesforce tech suite within the organization and develop strategies to increase user adoption.
- Develop strategies to identify areas for continual improvement of utilization, efficiency and production of Salesforce tech suite.
- Develop and deliver training to staff within the organization on Salesforce tech suite.
- Help users understand the benefits of using Salesforce tech suite to manage their clients and workload through informal training activities, sharing information, creating job aids.
- Engage with users to identify ways to maximize Salesforce tech suite to be more impactful to the organization and support the way they do business.
- Responsible for setting up new homeownership users, granting the appropriate access to users, as well as customizing the organization’s instance as necessary.
- Serves as the organization’s primary liaison between the organization and the NeighborWorks America Sustainable Business Initiative (SBI) team.
Customer Service: Provide assistance to external and internal clients.
- Greet and direct visitors warmly
- Answer phones and ascertain problem or reason for calling, distribute messages to appropriate staff
- Respond to customers inquiries by phone, email, social media or other in a timely manner
- Receive payments and generate receipts
- Document maintenance needs and submit tickets or requests to Property Manager
Administration Support: Ensure efficient day-today operation of the office.
- Receive and distribute mail, coordinate all outgoing mail.
- Process incoming invoices for the accounting department.
- Perform typical administrative duties such as data entry, filing, copying, correspondence and scheduling as other duties allow.
- Ensure organization’s databases are up-to-date.
- Participate in staff meetings and prepare minutes.
- Ensure the common areas are kept in orderly and clean fashion (some cleaning required)
- Other duties/projects assigned by supervisor
To see full job description and apply click here
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999