Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Guest Services Manager (Full Time, Wed-Sun)
Wonderscope Children Museum of Kansas City's mission is to spark a lifelong love of learning through the power of play. We provide fun, dynamic exhibits and programs that integrate STEAM learning for children eight years of age and younger, their parents, caregivers, and teachers. Wonderscope believes that children learn best though play and that fun, imaginative, hands-on learning can help them grow to their fullest potential.
Wonderscope is currently accepting applications from positive, responsible, and detail-oriented individuals to serve as Wonderscope’s Guest Services Manager. The ideal candidate enjoys a fast-paced and playful environment, is flexible and able to prioritize tasks spontaneously and independently, and enjoys interacting with children and their adults as they learn, play, and grow.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Going out of your way to provide excellent customer service to museum visitors and members
- Maintain and monitor all museum floor spaces to ensure safe play and a positive customer experience
- Assist front desk staff with point of sale duties and provide backup point-of-sale assistance on mobile technology
- Provide information on membership to guests and assist in processing new/renewing memberships
- Supervising Guest Services staff, including: assigning Guest Services staff to zone duties; managing break and lunch schedules; encouraging Guest Services staff to engage and interact with children and their adults in a playful and friendly manner
- Ensure a positive experience for birthday party guests, monitor birthday party check-in/check-out, and supervise Birthday Room setup/cleanup duties and other procedures
- Provide training for guest services staff on museum floor and point of sale duties and procedures
- Provide training and orientation for museum volunteers
- Ensure exhibits are functioning properly and communicate exhibit/facility maintenance needs to Director of Operations
- Assist staff in implementing seasonal decorations and exhibit changes/improvements
- Ensure exhibit supplies are stocked and submit order lists to Director of Operations
- Provide assistance in booking and scheduling birthday parties/field trips as needed
- Serve as point of contact for weekend Wonderpalooza events and assist with any setup, teardown, or performance needs
- Execute opening and closing procedures in coordination with other museum staff
- Attend once-a-month all-staff meeting (typically first Monday of each month)
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of two years’ work experience in similar field
- Commitment to excellence in customer service and teamwork
- Experience engaging and interacting with young learners and their adults
- High comfort level working with children in a fast-paced, high-traffic, public environment
- Views children as capable and competent and recognizes that children learn naturally through play
- Ability to genuinely communicate with diverse guests of all backgrounds and abilities
- Ability to respond to guest needs and urgent/emergency situations in a calm, comforting manner
- Ability to independently manage and prioritize several tasks efficiently and with ease
- Reliable, flexible, and able to work cooperatively with other staff members as a positive team player
- A strong commitment to the mission, vision, and values of WCM
Essential Physical Functions: On any given day, may be frequently required to do one or more of the following: climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, lifting up to 25 pounds and moving short distances
Hours of work: Wednesday-Friday, 8:30a-4:30p; Saturday 8:30a-5:00p; Sunday 11:30a-5:00p
Compensation/Benefits: $30,000+/yr, PTO, Health Insurance, 401k
To apply for this position: Please send a cover letter, resume, and two references to Matt Foster, Director of Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999