Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Visitor Experience Lead
1. Position Summary
The Visitor Experience Lead will report to the Manager Visitor Experience and will assume a leadership role in the visitor experience division. The Visitor Experience Lead is responsible for day-to-day operations and shift oversight of visitor experience personnel, opening/closing procedures, and cash reporting. The Visitor Services Lead sets the tone for the visitor experience by direct interaction with guests, modeling and training other visitor services staff. Ensuring a positive visitor experience is of the utmost importance and is a key function of this position. Availability for weekend and evening hours required.
2. Essential Functions
- Maintain a superior knowledge of garden events and activities and communicate to visitors in a friendly and engaging manner
- Provides guidance to visitor experience team
- Provide timely attention to phone calls and effectively connect to the appropriate department
- Maintain the information kiosk
- Deliver guidance regarding Garden rules and procedures to visitors in a professional manner
- Oversee the accurate and efficient processing of all admission transactions.
- Serve as expert of data base, programs requirements and website navigation.
- Manage visitor service supplies: admission stickers, receipt tape, change, etc.
- Coordinate with development department to support membership enrollments
- Conduct basic inventory accounting, processing, and reporting
- Maintains ownership of membership process and coordinates with other departments as needed.
- Engage visitors to promote membership sales
- Accurately process memberships and maintain integrity of data base with correct information
- Work with the Manager, Visitor Experience to properly train visitor experience staff.
- Coordinate and schedule personnel for gift shop, snack shop, and front desk.
3. Internal and External Contacts
Internal: Powell Gardens employees, Board of Directors, volunteers
External: Powell Gardens guests, suppliers, vendors,
|Education||Minimum Associate’s Degree or equivalent experience required|
|Experience||3-5 years’ experience in customer service role
Proficient computer and software skills and a willingness to learn
Ability to accurately count cash and process POS transactions
|Communications||Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner
Diplomatic and professional
Engage guests in a professional and friendly manner
Proactive “can do” attitude
Ability to manage multiple situations at once
|Core Competencies||Action- Oriented and Nimble Learning
Readily takes action on challenges; identifies and seizes new opportunities; displays a can-do attitude in good and bad times; steps up to handle tough issues; learns quickly when facing new situations; experiments to find new solutions; takes on the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; extracts lessons learned from failures and mistakes
Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography; acts with diplomacy and tact; builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way; builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self; picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics
Managing Change & Improvement
Adapts to necessary changes from old methods when they are no longer practical; identifies new methods and generates improvement in the organization’s performance.
Step up to conflicts, seeing them as opportunities; asks questions and listens closely to all issues presented; finds common ground and drives to consensus, ensuring that all feel heard; defuses high-tension situations
Plans and Aligns
Contributes to key results through execution of job duties; makes sound and timely decisions related to job duties; consults others when appropriate; suggests ways to do the job better
Situational Adaptability and Decision Quality
Picks up on situational cues and adjusts in the moment; readily adapts personal, interpersonal, and leadership behavior; understands that different situations may call for different approaches; makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information; relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions.
7. Work Environment/Physical Requirements
Must be available to work weekends, nights and holidays; must be available to work as required at events or programs; attend all-staff meetings outside of normal working hours; ability to occasionally stand for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999