Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Database and Research Specialist
The Database and Research Specialist manages the Foundation’s constituent relationship management system. This includes reports and analysis of data, gift processing and acknowledgments, as well as managing data import and data entry, data extraction, data quality initiatives, and other related activities. In addition, this position manages prospect research to include identification, research, and analysis in order to inform fundraising development strategies and advance potential donor relationships.
As part of a collaborative team, the position works on other projects in coordination with the Executive Director, Director of Institutional Philanthropy and Data Services, Director of Individual Philanthropy, and other staff and volunteers in attracting funding for the Foundation and supports all other operations and activities of the Foundation as needed
The value you’ll bring to the team:
- Manages all aspects of Raiser’s Edge database and RENXT including data integrity, updates and corrections. Provides or organizes database training for staff as needed.
- Processes and enter all gifts (via mail, credit card, online, stock transfer, pledges) into database with appropriate coding and packaging. Produces acknowledgement letters/tax receipts while checking for accuracy. Knowledge of tax receipting protocol and generation of pledge reminders and invoices.
- Batches all cash, checks, and credit card donations to Finance Department in a timely basis.
- Manages the month-end process, troubleshooting and auditing data to ensure transfer of data to Finance as well as performing a monthly reconciliation report and review.
- Develops prospect lists, queries, reports and exports in support of various campaigns, projects and events, and serve as a resource to staff providing information as needed.
- Manages grateful patient system to ensure all tracking and data is being maintained in the system including moves management procedures and reference guides for coding and tracking clinician partnerships.
- Helps identify prospective donors and monitor prospect and donor relationships by conducting research, preparing capacity/affinity reports, and evaluating prospects. Utilizes public information available through purchased software and the internet, as well as volunteer provided information, to determine prospect capacity and propensity to support Foundation fundraising initiatives.
- Ensures complete, accurate, and timely updates of research information maintained in Raiser’s Edge as it relates to biographical, business, research notes, and prospect management data.
- Builds, monitors and adheres to annual budget for all responsibilities. Ensures approved budget guidelines for revenue and expense are maintained.
- Assists the Special Event and Stewardship Specialist during critical times related to special events such as data entry, tracking of guests and management of the auction item process.
- Maintain strong donor and volunteer relationships, ensuring all activities align and support AdventHealth Shawnee Mission and Foundation’s mission and goals.
- Maintains strict confidentiality and uphold highest ethical standards, develop and use best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
- Excellent organizational skills for use in administrative processes and in collaboration with colleagues and support staff.
- Proficiency with Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Self-starter, creativity, and resourcefulness
- Discretion with confidential materials
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Five years of non-profit experience, preferably in areas related to development, donor relations, advancement services, and/or prospect research
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One for eligible employees
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
- Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
- Mental Health Resources and Support
- Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time, Days
Shift: 40 Hours per week
Location: 7315 Frontage Road, Merriam, KS 66204
The community you’ll be caring for:
At AdventHealth Shawnee Mission, formerly Shawnee Mission Medical Center, you're more than just a number on a chart. You're a whole person, who functions best when physically, emotionally, and spiritually fit. Find whole-person care, dedicated teams and staff, and a wide variety of medical services, all at our hospital in Shawnee Mission, Kansas.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999