Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Associate Development Director
Position Summary/Career Interest
The Associate Development Director, Cancer Services is responsible for the acquisition and retention of major gifts for The University of Kansas Health System. A key to success will be a proven ability to upgrade donors to the next level as well as converting key constituents into major donors. This position reports to the Development Director, Cancer Services.
The individual in this position must embrace TUKH’s stated core values – excellence, compassion, diversity, innovation, integrity, evidence-based decision making – and demonstrate support for TUKHS values through professional interactions and activities.
- Works in collaboration with a team of individuals, including hospital and service line leadership, physicians and fund development staff to support health system priorities.
- Actively participates in the discovery, cultivation, qualification, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects/donors, which include grateful patients, corporations and foundations.
- Helps lead advisory boards and support community volunteers engaged in cultivating donor commitment.
- Researches, prepares and presents proposals to donors.
- Assists the Development Director for Cancer Services, Senior Development Director, Major Gifts and Vice President for Development with the implementation of the department’s development initiatives and long-term fundraising plans for the cancer program.
- A minimum of five years of Raiser’s Edge database management experience within a nonprofit environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity and experience in supporting comprehensive fundraising functions (major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events, online giving and stewardship.)
- Knowledge of Blackbaud’s suite of products including NXT, Luminate and ImportOMatic a plus.
- Master proficiency
- Computer proficient in Raiser’s Edge, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Crystal Report experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills required, with strict attention to detail in all tasks.
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects; set and meet deadlines.
Job Type: Full Time