Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Associate Director, Annual Giving
KU Endowment, Lawrence, Kansas, is accepting applications for a professional position responsible for strategizing, project management and production of annual giving campaigns through a multi-channel approach including mail, email, crowdfunding and texting in support of the University of Kansas. The Associate Director of Annual Giving is responsible for timely, high quality, cost-effective solicitation pieces for identified campaigns and provides a consistent, positive public image through printed and digital material for KU Endowment and the Annual Giving Department. The Associate Director of Annual Giving also provides strategic support for general fundraising promotional copy and correspondence and assists with developing relationships throughout KU Endowment and across the university community to the benefit of fundraising efforts. Working with the Senior Director of Annual giving, the Associate Director provides oversight of the creation and management of budget and planning documents that advance the work of the department. Supervises a team of three full-time staff members and additional student support as needed.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for planning and providing strategic direction to various multi-channel appeals including direct mail for multiple academic units and extension campuses at the University of Kansas, as well as various affiliate research and public service units. Create performance forecasts and review campaign results. Working with members of the communications team, develop strategies for conceiving, writing and editing copy; provide input to a design team as necessary.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of One Day. One KU. to include oversight of the university-wide planning committee.
- Manage and implement multi-channel solicitation strategies, including the oversight and direction of mail, email and crowdfunding appeals on behalf of the University of Kansas and its various academic units, departments and affiliates.
- Manage and mentor the Mail and Online Gifts Coordinator, Mail Campaign Coordinator, Senior Renewal Programs Coordinator and Part-time Student Assistant – Annual Giving.
- Working with the Senior Director of Annual Giving, prepare the Annual Giving Department budget for submission to the Vice President of Development Operations for approval. Track and manage the department budget throughout the fiscal year.
- Prepare and distribute monthly annual giving reports to VPs and AVPs in constituent development, semi-annual unit-based reports to development officers, and lead the preparation and development of the department’s annual strategic plan.
- Work with the Information Services Department to assure correct segmentation and data integrity in all appeals directly or through the oversight of key staff members.
- Review design mock-ups, blueline proofs, “live” proofs and other materials in production.
- Work with members of the Communications and Donor Relations team to maintain relationships with outside vendors in order to ensure production of a variety of fundraising materials, including brochures, letters, newsletters, periodicals, flyers, ads, forms and other pieces as assigned.
- Keep abreast of changing Postal Service regulations. Arrange for postage deposits to cover cost of mailings.
- Oversee the composition of special projects like annual and special acknowledgment letters and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Perform other duties as directed.
Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and at least five years of related work experience, preferably in a complex organizational setting with many stakeholders. Must be able to display the successful implementation of marketing strategies that directly impacted organizational revenue. Must demonstrate proven supervisory experience and competence as a team supervisor. Comprehensive campaign experience preferred.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills:
Best practices in annual giving for educational institutions delivering a multi-channel approach including traditional channels and digital channels. Project management, written and verbal communication, data analysis for traditional and digital marketing efforts, direct-response performance, and overall revenue performance. Mentoring and motivating teams, staff supervision and performance accountability. Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starter and self-motivator, work independently and collaboratively in a complex organization, and network with colleagues across the industry to identify best practices. Prioritize and manage multiple tasks, constructively integrate as a member of the KU Endowment team. Apply sound judgment and conduct oneself with integrity, ensuring the confidentiality of data.
Salary and Benefits
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
Please go to www.kuendowment.org/careers to apply, and attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time