Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Associate Director, Individual Giving
Organization: Kansas City Ballet
Title: Associate Director, Individual Giving
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Salary: $55,000-$60,000, plus benefits
Position: Full-time, exempt
Kansas City Ballet (KCB) is one of the nation’s most-respected professional ballet companies with 30 dancers and an annual budget of $9.5M, one-third of which is philanthropic support. KCB produces four productions a season at the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts with audiences of 65,000+, has a School with 650 students in its Academy and 720 taking Studio classes and engages more than 20,000 people each year through community engagement and education programs.
Vision: Outstanding dance experiences accessible to all. Mission: To inspire and engage through the beauty, power and passion of dance.
Help donors accomplish their philanthropic goals and fulfill their philanthropic passions through a genuine relationship with Kansas City Ballet. The KCB Development Team works collaboratively to establish and nurture relationships that generate rewarding philanthropic investment in the Ballet.
The Associate Director, Individual Giving is devoted chiefly to identifying, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding mid-level individual donors. Beyond annual support, the Associate Director is also responsible for cultivating donors to secure current and deferred endowment gifts. The successful candidate would be a highly organized, self-motivated individual who has excellent communication, project management, presentation and interpersonal skills. Experience in development for an arts organization is desirable, as is a strong team orientation and a sense of humor.
Normal office hours are 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday-Friday. Flexibility is required as the work schedule may start earlier or end later in the day. The Associate Director, Individual Giving should also expect to work at weekend and evening performances, special events, etc.
Annual and Endowment Gifts
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 150 donor and prospect households including members of The Bolender Society (gifts of $2,500+). May also include several corporate donors.
- Build relationships with major donors/prospects.
- Solicit annual gifts, both new and renewals, upgrading gifts as appropriate.
- Cultivate annual donors toward a gift/pledge for the Ballet’s endowment.
- Define and implement strategies to move lower-level donors into The Bolender Society.
- As part of the development team, create and implement a stewardship strategy that effectively appreciates donors which also provides appropriate public recognition for their support.
- Participate in prospect management meetings to determine appropriate prospects for various campaigns and the strategies to cultivate and solicit mid-level and major prospects.
- Staff liaison to The Bolender Society committee, working with both the chair and committee members to develop events and strategies to grow The Bolender Society.
- Engage committee and board members as well as other volunteers in the engagement, solicitation and stewardship of individuals donors and qualified prospects.
Special Events and Performances
- Assist the Development Department with donor engagement and stewardship events at the Bolender Center and in the community as needed.
- Staff Kansas City Ballet performances and special events as needed.
- Work with the Manager of Events and Volunteers to develop events that meet the needs of The Bolender Society committee and members.
Other duties and projects as assigned by the Chief Development Officer.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree and/or CFRE is a plus.
- Three years minimum experience in development (preferably working with individual donors and as a member of a development team).
- Proven track record with increasing responsibility and measurable success against goals.
- Appreciation for the arts and an understanding of their role in our community.
- Effective written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to lift 10-15 pounds.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Teams)
- Donor database proficiency, Tessitura experience a plus.
Please send cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Associate Director, Individual Giving in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Open until filled.
Kansas City Ballet is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, multicultural work environment. People of color, people with disabilities and people of diverse sexual orientations, gender expressions and identities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 - 74,999