Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Business Engagement Manager
- Renew existing and acquire new corporate and community donors with the goal of increasing annual giving through donation or sponsorship.
- Identify new companies and renewal of existing companies that participate in the Now Showing program.
- Management of corporate representatives within the Now Showing program, including daily/weekly administrative tasks and close coordination with the Programs Team to select artists for the program and gallery exhibitions.
- Present regularly on ArtsKC’s mission, programs, and impact to prospective supporters.
- Identify and develop innovative, relevant programs that respond to and meet the needs of Kansas City’s corporate community.
- Execute delivery of sponsor or donor benefits in collaboration with the Director of Resource Development and the Marketing and Communications staff.
- Assist with administration of ArtsKC Workplace Giving Campaigns.
- Execute donor stewardship and appreciation activities through handwritten thank you cards, emails, phone calls, and other strategies as assigned.
- Track data and relationship development activities using Salesforce.
- Provide program assistance and technical support in the overall planning and implementation of the ArtsKC Awards Luncheon tentatively resuming in 2022.
- Represent the agency before funders, board members, volunteers, arts patrons and donors.
- Remain current on professional fundraising and corporate development trends, offering ideas in this uncertain and changing environment.
The ability to work independently and within a team is essential. Proven fundraising, business development, sales, promotions, or other relationship building experience required with a successful record of performance. Ability to be a self-starter who consistently delivers on responsibilities and commitments with the goal of meeting or exceeding expectations is strongly preferred. Strong writing, communication, and presentation skills and a knowledge and/or understanding of how to engage Kansas City’s corporate community are also preferred. Experience in executing or assisting in the execution of special events is preferred. Knowledge or experience of United Arts Fund/United Way fundraising, including workplace giving is desired.
Must have a working knowledge of fundraising databases (proficiency with Salesforce preferred), and be proficient in the Google Business or Microsoft Office suite(s). Candidates must be technologically savvy and comfortable learning new technology to reach new generations of donors. Must possess the ability to communicate the mission and vision of ArtsKC and be a genuine participant/consumer of the arts.
- CFRE credential or similar fundraising accreditation preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of fundraising, sales, marketing, or relationship building experience, with preference in a not-for-profit organization.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and verbal presentation skills.
- Well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, conscientious team player, who can also work independently and is able to manage projects big and small from start to completion.
- Experience working with not-for-profit volunteers and a diverse, dynamic constituency.
- Understanding of and commitment to maintaining the confidential nature of fundraising efforts and donor information.
- Working knowledge of: SalesForce CRM, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides.
- A passion for the arts as well as enthusiasm for ArtsKC’s commitment to engagement, investment, diversity, and inclusion in the arts.
- High emotional intelligence and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to think conceptually, creatively, and specifically.
- Willingness to take risks and an openness to new ideas, perspectives, or methodologies
- Move toward solutions intentionally, empathetically, and optimistically.
- High degree of personal integrity and passion for meeting expectations.
- Professionalism and solid judgement.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, service driven work environment.
- Employs a collaborative, inclusive, and team-oriented approach.
Deadline: January 21, 2021
No phone calls or recruiters please. Please submit a single pdf document, via email, containing a cover letter, resume, salary expectations and three references to: HumanResources@ArtsKC.org. Please indicate “Business Engagement Manager” in the reference line of the email to ensure proper handling.
Salary commensurate with experience and excellent health insurance, 401k plan, dental insurance, life insurance, and disability insurance benefits. Generous paid time off policy.
It is the fundamental policy of ArtsKC to provide equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, Veteran status or disability status.
ArtsKC has developed programs and services designed to “unleash the power of the arts.” This includes programs for the arts community, the business community, and services to the civic community. Each specific program or service we provide to artists, arts organizations or the community at large was developed to address a need within our local arts ecology. ArtsKC continually assesses and adjusts our services to respond to the needs of our growing arts community.
To unleash the power of the arts.
We will build a city of great dreams and vigorous life, where everyone participates in and benefits from the arts.
We Promote, Support and Advocate for the arts. We are a nonprofit organization serving the five-county region- Clay, Platte and Jackson in Missouri; Johnson and Wyandotte in Kansas.
- Promote the individual, community, social, and economic benefits of the arts by advancing inclusive engagement throughout the region.
- Support artists and art organizations by providing expert business and financial resources that equitably grow their professional capacity.
- Advocate for the arts through education and awareness, building robust relationships with cross sector leaders, innovators and officials.
- Excellence — We believe modeling and aspiring to excellence is a driver for all our work.
- Confident Leadership — We believe the arts need confident leadership and that if we are doing our job, we will know the needs and wants of our constituents and can act confidently on their behalf.
- Equipping, Leveraging, and Optimizing Resources —We believe “unleashing” means enabling all constituents and resources to optimize their potential.
- Visionary — We see possibilities and a future beyond what is evident today.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion — The arts bring diverse people and cultures together. We exhibit and encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Integrity and Trustworthiness — We do our work with honesty and the highest ethics, and we do what we say we will do.
- Community-centric Regionalism — We work toward objectives that enhance the sense of community for all in our region and the communities within it.
- All individuals and organizations that make up our region have fair access to the information, financial resources and opportunities vital to full cultural expression;
- All share the opportunity to be represented in the development of arts policy and the distribution of arts resources;
- All cultures are expressed in thriving, visible arts organizations of all sizes; and,
- Programming reflects the experiences of all cultures, communities, age groups and abilities.
- All counties, municipalities and arts genres have a proportional voice in region-wide arts planning and resource allocation.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999