Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Campaign Associate - Seasonal
We're more than fundraisers. We're the hand-raisers and game changers. We go looking for the tough issues in our community, and with your help, we go solve them. United Way of Greater Kansas City unites donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits and community leaders to help change the lives of those in need. We are making Kansas City and the surrounding area better…100 years and counting. Join United Way of Greater Kansas City this fundraising season to serve as a Campaign Associate.
Being a Campaign Associate will allow you to…
- Develop confidence in making presentations and fund development calls
- Enhance skills in account management, strategy and analysis
- Build relationships with business and community leaders in the Greater Kansas City area
- Participate in developing overall fundraising strategies for United Way of Greater Kansas City (UWGKC)
*** This is a seasonal/temporary position that runs from August 23rd through November 19th. ***
Reporting to the Director of Workplace Giving and Development, the Campaign Associate (CA) will function as a temporary member of the Development team by managing assigned corporate and agency workplace campaign accounts. They will analyze accounts to develop effective fundraising strategies, work with accounts to implement strategies, give presentations to educate community and motivate donors. This person will handle all administrative tasks related to workplace campaigns and will be self-motivated in completing assigned tasks. Success will be measured in part by the attainment of a dollar goal, along with other factors determined by the assigned workplace giving team manager.
- Attend a paid, comprehensive training program to learn how UWGKC operates and changes lives in our community.
- Contact local companies from assigned portfolio to secure campaign commitments and volunteers for conducting annual workplace fundraising campaigns.
- Monitor progress against fundraising goals.
- Review account histories, identify needs and develop strategies to meet goals.
- Regularly attend campaign events, solicit donations, and communicate to employee groups how United Way contributions benefit the community.
- Help organize speakers, campaign events, materials, tours and volunteer projects for company campaigns.
- 37.5 Hours Monday - Friday. Some weekend work may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Reliable transportation, valid driver’s license, and automobile insurance coverage required (daily travel in Kansas City area).
- Ability to work regular business hours with occasional hours outside normal work schedule e.g. conducting employee presentations or working special events evenings/nights/weekends.
- Highly ethical and professional demeanor
- Passion for making a difference in the community and becoming a change agent for Kansas City
- Able to build relationships with a wide variety of donors and corporate leaders
- Strong presentation skills (comfortable speaking before diverse audiences of 50-100 people, daily)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Click to Apply
OMNI and our clients are Equal Opportunity Employers and seek diversity in candidates for employment. EEO Employer W/M/Vet/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job Type: Full Time,Temporary
Salary Range: Up to $29,999