Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Position: Communications Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Development
Direct Reports: N/A
The Communications Coordinator is an integral member of CCVI’s Development team. This position is responsible for supporting the Development team in executing the communications strategy and marketing plans for CCVI. In that role, the Communications Coordinator will develop website content, manage social media daily, help to write key publications, and gather stories and photos of students and families that document the work of CCVI. This position is an active part of the Development team, representing CCVI in various roles inside and outside of CCVI as well as becoming involved with other departments' projects and events, as necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to write strategic communications pieces for an organization, including press releases, newsletters, website content, etc.
- Strong photography and videography skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to juggle many projects and meet deadlines in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to other staff, volunteers, agency representatives, students, families, and the general public.
- Self-motived and committed to workplace participation and diversity with the ability to work as a team member.
- Eagerness to learn/adapt to new software, including all social media platforms, Microsoft Suite, Google Suite, Raiser’s Edge, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite, or other digital marketing software.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Website and Social Media Content
- Develop new content and maintain website. Write new stories, create new pages, and solicit updates from other departments.
- Collaborate with Development team on establishing brand guidelines and updating organization-wide re-branding.
- Assist with writing eNewsletters, donor email solicitation, social media engagement, etc. for donors and supporters based on a calendar developed by the Director of Development and ensure that stories connect to existing or new pages on the website.
- Work with website design vendors to implement design changes to the website.
- With the Director of Development, execute social media strategy for CCVI.
- Assist the Director of Development in writing content for key organization publications including appeals, annual reports, fact sheets, etc.
- Maintain CCVI’s photo library by taking photos, seeking pro-bono photography, or contracting with paid photographers, to capture our work and the work of our agency.
- Develop video content for use on the website and on social media.
- Design ads, flyers, banners, brochures, fact sheets, event signage, invitations, etc. as needed.
- Manage inquiries from third parties (individuals or organizations) wishing to organize an event or cause marketing campaign to benefit CCVI.
- Represent CCVI at fundraising events run by outside groups to benefit CCVI as schedule permits.
- With the Director of Development, develop public relations strategies for CCVI events and announcements as needed.
- Write press releases and send them to appropriate press outlets as needed.
- Maintain press list with accurate contact information.
- Assist in analyzing and reporting impact of communications on organizational success.
- Analyzes social media performance to aid in communication evaluations and reports; track digital and social media marketing engagement metrics.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of Development department events.
- Work with Development team to achieve CCVI fundraising goals.
- Help establish and maintain internal communications to keep staff informed of the work of the organization.
- Communicate CCVI efforts and initiatives to donors and prospects through tours and/or as a CCVI representative at various community events.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
- Familiarity with Squarespace or other website platforms.
- Management of social media for an agency or organization.
- Prior experience in non-profit communication and/or fundraising.
- Experience with list segmentation and methods/database management.
- Office and/or classroom. No extreme temperatures.
- Sitting, standing, and walking.
- Lifting, positioning, pushing, and/or transferring students.
- Frequent reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and crouching.
- Less than 10%
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To apply: please visit www.ccvi.org/careers-0 or email your cover letter and resume to Jenee Meyer, Human Resources Generalist, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999