Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Corporate Partnerships Coordinator
STANDING TOGETHER TO DEFEND POTENTIAL: In a world of causes, we make a difference by creating professionally supported, one-to-one Matches for kids who want to realize their full potential. Over 1,300 Matches (Bigs & Littles) get together every week in Kansas City. Research proves that children enrolled in BBBSKC programs are more likely to improve in school and in their relationships with family and friends, and are less likely to skip school or use illegal drugs or alcohol. BBBSKC has been recognized as a leader in the non-profit industry and in the national BBBS network; winning the National Large Agency of the Year and Gold Standard Award in 2011, 2013, 2015 and 2017. Other awards include Ingram’s Magazine & KC Magazine’s Best Non-Profit and the Non Profit Times Best Non Profit to Work For in America. Our mission and reputation attract a very talented pool of employees and our culture helps us retain that talent.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Partnerships, the Corporate Partnerships Coordinator serves on the fundraising team and shares responsibilities for achieving the fundraising goals. This position is responsible for assisting the agency in growing resources by developing strategies to increase awareness and engagement to grow and retain agency donors. Responsibilities will include the research, outreach, cultivation and stewardship of agency donors and supporters. Additionally, the Corporate Partnerships Coordinator will collaborate with colleagues on the fundraising team on other development initiatives. This position is responsible for both developing relationships and delivering on promises. The ability to execute on a plan and provide timely, detailed reporting is a must.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Corporate Sponsorship Activation and Management
• Maintain and track current corporate sponsors and their benefits
• Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to develop an activation/communication plan for each corporate sponsor, making sure they are communicated with throughout the year and aware of sponsorship benefits
• Assist with set up and leading or staffing company lunch and learns and end of year celebrations with current corporate sponsors
• Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to manage efforts with the Corporate Club (CEO networking group)
• Work with the Director of Corporate Partnerships to manage efforts with the Rise (Rooftop Crawl event) Fundraising Committee
• Other duties as assigned
DONOR CULTIVATION & OUTREACH
• Identify and assist the Director of Corporate Partnerships to proactively secure $1,000,000 in corporate gifts
• Assist in developing creative strategies to cultivate and engage current corporate donors
• Serve as a liaison between donors and the Director of Corporate Partnerships to ensure corporate donors develop a meaningful relationship with the organization
• Assist the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Big Impact Group (Junior Board) to track yearly board commitments
• Assist Director of Corporate Partnerships and Engagement Manager in devising an annual stewardship plan
• Collaborate with development, events and marketing teams to create high quality donor communications and collateral materials
• Identify different touch points to engage and deepen donor relationships
EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• One to three years of relevant nonprofit development work and/or sales is preferred
• You should possess strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and have the ability to present in front of a group
• Knowledge of broad themes in fundraising along with self-motivation, initiative and reliability are essential.
• Basic office skills, record keeping, and strong organization skills are a must
• A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in nonprofit fundraising, management, business, or communications with strong interest in fundraising/sales and working for a nonprofit organization are preferred
Our ideal candidate would be a team player with a high energy level, good work ethic, as well as strong interpersonal communications and multi-tasking skills. The position requires persistence, enthusiasm, initiative and flexibility with a willingness to work as needed to accomplish job requirements. Candidates must also possess the ability to set and accomplish goals. Must be highly organized with the ability to implement systems and follow-up processes, able to effectively work under pressure, use independent judgment and produce a quality work product within tight time constraints. Previous experience will demonstrate a proven track record in identifying and securing new funding opportunities. Should possess excellent writing and computer skills (Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, DonorPerfect- database management, etc.) Should also be well-versed in electronic communications. You should be able to work independently and also work well with a team as you will work alongside our Fundraising team members.
BBSKC is the fastest growing Big Brothers Big Sisters agency in the nation, nearly doubling the size of our staff and number of children served within the past 10 years. We are proud to offer competitive pay, a generous benefits package, ample vacation days, and a fun office environment where the average tenure for staff is nine years. Management believes in helping our staff members learn and grow, offering professional development opportunities whenever applicable. We also believe in the work hard, play hard motto as we plan quarterly staff outings where we step away from our day-to-day operations and focus on connecting as a team. This position is based in our beautiful, newly renovated Crossroads office (which happens to include a rooftop party deck) and auxiliary office next door. As a member of the BBBSKC team there will be an expectation to participate in some evening and weekend events.
STARTING SALARY RANGE
Starting salary range 35,000 – 38,0000 annually
If you qualify for this position and are passionate about our mission and our staff culture, we look forward to meeting you.
Please email your resume and a cover letter (to include what makes you a phenomenal candidate and why you want to work at Big Brothers Big Sisters as well as your salary requirements) to:
Kimberly Karashin, Vice President of HR & Culture
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Kansas City
Email applications are preferred; if that is not an option you may send your application to:
BBBSKC, Attn: Kimberly Karashin, 1709 Walnut Kansas City, MO 64108.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
BBBSKC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full Time