Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Corporate Sponsorship & Special Events Manager (Full Time)
Kansas City Zoo
The Corporate Sponsorship & Special Events Manager is responsible for providing the planning, organization and implementation of the overall corporate fundraising program within the development department. This position is also primarily responsible for the coordination, planning and execution of the Zoo’s annual fundraising gala, Jazzoo. This position will also supervise the development & grants coordinator in relation to sponsorship project and programs.
POSITION DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Responsible for devising and executing a campaign strategy for the Zoo’s largest fundraiser, Jazzoo, working with the event co-chairs and corporate chair, including:
Responsible for overall Zoo sponsorship prospect development, cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship, including:
*This position may at times be requested to perform other duties or special projects as assigned, which are in the best interest of the Kansas City Zoo.
- EDUCATION & FORMAL TRAINING:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ related experience required, preferably in fundraising and corporate sponsorships.
- Donor database (ex. Raiser’s Edge) knowledge and experience preferred.
- Event planning and sales experience preferred.
- Experience working with and coordinating volunteers.
- Strong computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- OTHER MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have valid driver’s license.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including occasional weekend and evening hours, in all weather extremes.
- Must pass a background and drug screening.
Job Type (optional):