Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Development Assistant is a key member of the NourishKC development team, supporting both revenue generation and volunteer coordination. This position provides administrative, project coordination, and customer service support to the Director of Development and, occasionally, the Executive Director. This role requires the ability to actively work in several locations, including the administrative office, Kansas City Community Kitchen, and various community events.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development Job Type: Full-time FLSA Status: Non-exempt
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the timely acknowledgement of gifts and ensure data integrity through accurate and consistent data entry.
- Coordinate the production and distribution of recurring appeals and stewardship materials.
- Write acknowledgement letters, editing of appeals, and new donor communications.
- Assemble materials for cultivation and solicitation visits.
- Maintain the Amazon Wishlist by coordinating with Department Directors.
- Communicate with donors in person, on the phone, and by email.
- Assist with donor reporting and research.
- Develop and maintain tracking systems as needed.
- Support all aspects of event management, including ticket sales, promotion, soliciting raffle and auction items, creating guest lists, managing check-in stations, etc.
- Act as point person for all volunteer communications and inquiries.
- Recruit, train and educate new and existing volunteers through group orientations and individual coaching on all relevant processes, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate background screening of volunteers, as necessary.
- Actively participate onsite to engage with Volunteer Groups.
- Ensure proper volunteer staffing levels by working with Programs Director.
- Enter volunteer information and activity into volunteer database and provide monthly reports to Development Director.
- Engage volunteers to follow social media and post while volunteering.
- Innovate and implement volunteer appreciation and recognition programs.
- Under the direction of the Director of Development, manage NourishKC’s social media accounts. Create and schedule daily and special event posts.
- Collect and organize pictures and material for communications.
- Assist with the development and implementation of social media goals and plans, analyze the efficacy of the organization’s social media presence, and prepare reports.
- Reception-related duties, including answering and screening calls and responding to and appropriately forwarding emails and media inquiries.
- Basic office support tasks, including placing orders, making copies, filing hard copy and electronic materials, and maintaining general organization of the development department.
- Associate degree in a related field, e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, etc., or minimum 5 years’ experience in a nonprofit development office.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience performing related duties in an office setting.
- Minimum 2 years working with volunteers.
- Proactive with ability to work independently, problem-solve, and meet deadlines.
- Excellence in organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and judgement with the ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality.
- Familiarity with social media and current social media trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and data entry.
- Commitment to NourishKC mission.
- Proven commitment to promoting the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Ability to work flexible hours to include some evenings and weekends.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, e.g., marketing, public relations, communications, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in a nonprofit development office.
- 3+ years of volunteer management experience.
- Experience coordinating social media for an organization.
- Proficiency with donor databases and design software.
- Familiarity with volunteer management systems
- Knowledge of research methods and data standards.
- Desire to pursue a career in nonprofit development or management.
- Affinity for human services and hunger prevention and relief.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the employee will also perform other job-related duties as assigned. This organization reserves the right to change job duties as the need arises. This description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, current employment status, or prior record of arrest or conviction.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume via email to Christina Esteban, Development Director, with the position title and your name in the subject line.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $30,000 - 49,999