Find a job that you're passionate about. Nonprofit Connect is your career headquarters offering the premier nonprofit job board in the region.
Browse our list of nonprofit jobs.
Development Assistant, Medical Development (KUMC Campus, Kansas City, KS)
KU Medical Center Campus is seeking an administrative support & coordination individual that provides assistance to the professional fundraising team assigned to the KU Cancer Center (KUCC) and the School of Health Professions. Prepares correspondence, maintains files and records, prepares reports, coordinates calendars, sets meetings, handles travel arrangements, processes expense vouchers, does research, and assists with information requests. Handles sensitive and confidential information while adhering to KU Endowment’s guidelines for maintaining privacy.
The individual in this position is expected to embrace KU Endowment’s stated core values – passion for KU, partnership with donors, perpetual support for KU, and a people-centered approach – and demonstrate support for them through professional interactions and activities.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative support to multiple professional development staff members. Prioritizes projects and deadlines; juggles multiple tasks; asks for assistance from other administrative support staff, when necessary.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with KU Endowment and KU Medical Center personnel at all levels.
- Arranges appointments, takes calls, answers inquiries and makes reservations to support the development professionals in day-to-day work routines to include projects, travel, donor meetings and other development duties.
- Composes correspondence as directed.
- Prepares or runs accounting and donor-related reports. Searches databases, retrieves information, and prepares reports, sometimes involving researching, analyzing and compiling non-standardized data or information.
- Assists with development-focused events specifically designed to involve and engage constituents and/or alumni as contributors and volunteers.
- Assists with the coordination of event-planning for on/off-campus dinners/receptions as appropriate. Works and coordinates with the Development Coordinator and KU Endowment Special Events Manager as appropriate or necessary.
- Assists with management of and day-to-day communication and correspondence with volunteer board – the Cancer Funding Partners.
- Coordinates scholarship thank-you letters and videos between the campus partners and donors.
- Works closely with other Development support staff, as well as with various KU office staff. Acts as a cooperative member of support staff team, providing relief and working on special projects on an as-needed basis.
- Position requires schedule flexibility to meet the expectations of the job, including some evenings.
- One to three years of administrative support experience required. High school diploma, with college degree preferred. Excellent writing and communication skills required. Background in fundraising, higher education, communications and/or volunteer board management is preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of modern office practices, proven skills in business English, grammar, spelling, usage, and related subjects. Word processing proficiency to attractively and appropriately format varied documents, prepare records, reports and other documents from available data; maintain confidential office files; experience in Word and Excel, PowerPoint desirable.
- Ability to make a positive impression on others by meeting visitors of KU Endowment; ability to exercise good judgment in making decisions with only limited administrative instructions.
At KU Endowment, we recognize that we best achieve our mission of building a greater University of Kansas by embracing diversity, equity and inclusion. We are committed to cultivating a people-centered environment that is welcoming to the spectrum of differences among us in an atmosphere of respect and fairness. Accordingly, our staff, Board of Trustees, volunteers and donors will work together to create a more representative, equitable and inclusive KU Endowment.
Salary and Benefits:
KU Endowment offers a competitive salary with an excellent benefit package including: 401(k) and Roth 401(k) matching program; pension plan; health, dental, and vision insurance; Section 125 flexible benefits; paid holidays, personal and sick leave; paid Parental Leave; Life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance; KU tuition reimbursement; and free parking.
Please go to www.kuendowment.org/careers to apply, and attach your resume and cover letter when applying for this position.
Review of applications begins immediately and continues until the position is filled. Because of the sensitive nature of KU Endowment business and the importance of our reputation with donors, KU Endowment conducts a comprehensive review of applicants. By submitting your application, you authorize us to conduct reference checks and a review of available public information. Employment is contingent upon background and reference checks that KU Endowment finds acceptable.
Job Type: Full Time